Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am still fairly new to the focus, but I figured I might as well start a build thread since I'll be around a while. So I bought my 2008 Focus SES in February with 197,000kms on it. Had a few issues with it recently. Had to put in a new engine, steering rack and sway bar links. Still have to do control arm bushings, front brake pads, calipers and I have 3 rust holes in the rockers to fix. As far as mods go I think I'm going to be keeping it simple with cold air intake, exhaust, tint, stereo and rims and tires. I think that's all for now and I will add pictures later on.

Sent from my toaster

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. It's been an expensive cheap car. I paid $2500 for the car and $2400 in repairs so far. I have yet to buy the control arm bushings, wheel balance and front pads and calipers. Mods might happen next year if (and that's a big if) nothing else goes wrong

Sent from my toaster

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Right now I don't really have a choice but to keep it for a while. When I get something else I'll probably keep it as a back up

Sent from my toaster

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Front brake pads done. Next will be front control arms and fixing the rust holes in the rockers. I hope that will be it for a while.

Sent from my toaster

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, can't turn around without something breaking on the car. Still need to do the control arms and rockers. But now only 1 of the rear doors work (from the inside only), CD player doesn't work, drivers side front door sill trim busted off. So I'm looking at getting a parts car so I don't have to make so many trips to the parts store.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This car has proving to be the most unreliable vehicle I have ever owned. Control arms are fixed, but power steering is acting up again. Can't wait to be done with this pile of silver crap.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Surprise, surprise got another 2 problems with this heaping pile of crap. Power steering is sucking air from somewhere causing it to over flow in the resivoir. And I might be having an issue with my thermostat, water temperature drops when I am in park, but goes up to normal operating temperature when driving.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Can't wait to get back in the drivers seat of a GM. For what I've spent on this car in repairs alone could have gotten me a decent reliable GM

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looks like I'm going to be paying for this pile of shit for some time to come. Never have I ever owned anything so cheaply built and unreliable.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Having more front end problems, but not putting another penny into the damn car. Never again will I ever buy a pile of shit Ford. Nothing but unreliable shit. Cheap throw away vehicles. Nothing but GM from now on.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Finally got rid of this pile of shit. I am glad it's gone, never again will I buy another shitty, cheaply built Ford.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts