Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.phonearena.com/phones/LG-Cosmos-2_id5688/fullspecs

See the link above for details of the LG Cosmos 2. The reason I'm interested in this phone is that the LG Cosmos (previous version) supported the Sync feature of reading text messages out loud (voice translated). The Cosmos was the only phone that I could find on the Ford Compatibility Chart that supported this feature.

From the best I can determine the Cosmos 2 will support the feature too. The clue is that under the Connectivity/Bluetooth section it shows Message Access Profile (MAP). I asked Ford what should I look for and MAP is what they told me.

The Cosmos 2 does not require a $30/month data plan, so this could be a good choice if you want to keep your costs down. The phone itself costs $30 with 2 yr contract after $50 rebate card, which isn't too bad for a newly released phone.

Keep in mind the Sync system will not allow you to reply to a text message with one of the preset responses unless you are stopped. I can understand the safety issue there, but at least if you get a text, you can determine if it is necessary to call someone back using the hands free system. Under no circumstances should anyone text while driving.

If anyone gets this phone, please report back with a short review and let us know if it supports the text to voice feature.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I work for Verizon and I will be happy to test it when I'm back to work in a few days. I took a couple days off to pick up my car, get the windows tinted, and to detail it. My iPhone 4 is working great so far, but the text messaging isn't supported yet. The setup process was super easy. The iPod integration also works very well and supports cover art which was a pleasant surprise.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jeff, if you could test the Cosmos 2, that would be great. I know it's only been out two days, but so far I can't find anyone commenting about it. I guess because it's not a smartphone, there's less interest.

I'm also interesting in learning if it can play back streamed music, in addition to reading text aloud. Thanks.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'll be happy to do it for you, but we haven't received our demo unit yet. As soon as it comes in I'll check it.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Samsung Galaxy S II also supports the text message feature...

and it is quite possible the most amazing phone i have ever used.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts