Focus Fanatics Forum banner

141 - 160 of 446 Posts

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Can you confirm if I ordered FRPP Springs that they will fit with nothing else needed, just the springs? I emailed massive and K-dog on here and they said the springs are a DIRECT swap nothing else needed. Then reading on here it says I will need the spring seats and bearings? I'm going to be pretty pissed if I was mis-lead by their team.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Thanks for the coupon code... So are people using the "M-5560-ZXM1" or the "M-5560-ZX3B"? They both say they're for 06-11, and they both drop 1.5 inches.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I'm using the ZX3B. Both will do the job. Just slightly different spring rates.

@SlickWilly I can't confirm it deny what you're asking. When I bought my FRPP kit everything I needed was in the box. If my memory serves me correct, the top hats ARE different in size because the springs are different in size. Mounting holes are the same though to the car itself.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Looks like the total for me will be around 115 with shipping... Cheapest set of springs around still. Was hoping to get more low, but these will have to do. Thanks for everyones help.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
So they came with the top hats? Awesome. I would highly doubt they'd lead me wrong. I can't wait to get my teins off.
I got top hats cause I ordered the entire kit. The springs alone won't come with them.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Does this mean I have to buy something else to make these work on my 08?

What is it exactly that you're ordering? If you're ordering JUST the springs they will not fit onto the struts on your 08. You will need different top hats. If you're ordering the struts and shocks and springs, you will have everything you need for your 08.

I listed the part numbers for the struts/shocks (which include the new bushings and top hats) and the springs in a post above.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I guess I just ordered the springs... I'm tempted to email or call them and complain since they list that they work on the mk2s. kinda BS that they'd list the years they work on and not say you need the top hats too.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I guess I just ordered the springs... I'm tempted to email or call them and complain since they list that they work on the mk2s. kinda BS that they'd list the years they work on and not say you need the top hats too.

So order up the top hats you need as well as they'll be there roughly the same time. Someone on these forums said it's nice the wisest idea to run lowered springs with oem struts. Especially if they're high mileage.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I'm in the same position as Slick is. I got the FRPP springs. That's all I ordered at the time. I haven't even opened the box yet, so who knows what all is hiding in there for me.

I know there's always talk about the omni kit when it comes to mk2 suspension - Would that kit do the job for me?

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
omg can we just have a sticky somewhere that clarifies the suspension on Mk2?

It ends up getting posted in every thread but apparently nobody sees it.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Let me break it down for those who seem incapable of paying any attention to anything at all.

00-05 springs and struts will only fit 00-05 cars

Omni kit will allow any 06-11 car to use 00-05 springs and struts.

06-11 struts are identical with changes only to the upper mount hardware to fit 06-07 springs or 08-11 springs.

If you buy the m18000-zx3b shocks/struts, they include the upper mount hardware to use 06-07 springs.
If you have an 08-11 car with 08-11 springs, you can use the m18000-zx3b struts and reuse your upper strut hardware.

If you bought 06-07 springs for your stock 08-11 struts, you haven't paid attention.
Likewise if you bought 08-11 springs for your stock 06-07 struts, you still haven't paid attention.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Indeed alot of folks purchasing the later model springs have been getting some form of FRPP damper kit with them that always includes the necessary hat and bearing. The mount itself is the same.

So yes, if you have an 08-11 and have purchased a set of 06-07 springs, you would need the hats (~$9 from Ford) and the bearings (5-10 ea from Ford or parts store).

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
^this. this. this. this. The 06-07 spring/dampers work fine. Buy 06-07 top hats and strut bearings. Put the spring onto your dampers, then the top hat, then the strut bearing. Screw the top nut on. The dampers will bolt into the 08+ spindle. The 06-07 spindle is the same diameter as the 08+.

I had the 06-07 FRPP kit for a couple years on my 09. Karl doesn't lie, kids.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I honestly feel like slamming my keyboard against my head. Between Mac, K Dog, PSUrivie, and myself, the info is here.

141 - 160 of 446 Posts