Focus Fanatics Forum banner

121 - 140 of 446 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
ok, obvious noob here. I have had my car for about 4 hours. I knew going in fron the test drive that it needed new shocks. However, after reading thru all of this, I wanted FRPP ones. I have an 09 2 door SE btw, off I go to FRPP's website and, nothing. I know the 06,07 will fit but they don't even sell them anymore it appears.

I found these... http://www.c-f-m.com/performanceparts/pc/Ford-Racing-Performance-Damper-Kit-for-06-07-Ford-Focus-101p1221.htm#.UzRbpvldXng

but I have no idea if it will work. What I would like to do, is replace everything new. Shocks, struts, springs, assembly pieces, all of it. Lower it a bit, nothing crazy, it's a daily driver. I am also not trying to blow close to $1000 on coilovers or Koni yellows.

Just looking for the best route to achieve this. Help please! lol

Got a nice weekend in front me to install.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Reps were given! thanks man. THose 06-07 springs be ok with the 09? I keep seeing people say use 06-11 shocks but get 08-09 springs.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Quick lesson for ya, haha...

The 00-05 Fronts are the same. The 06-11 Fronts are the same. The ONLY difference is strut diameter where it meets the Knuckle. You have the option of running the 00-05 Suspension with the purchase of the Omni Kit that Massive Speed System sells. The rear suspension setup is exactly the same from 00-11 with the exception of the Wagon.

·
Registered
6 Posts
did not know that (obviously..lol). SO just get the springs and shocks you mentioned and install away? I can do that. Do I need mounting hardware or will that transfer over from the 09? Id like to get all new if possible. Might as well if I'm going to have it all apart..lol (wife can only yell at me once, not twice.)

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Reps were given! thanks man. THose 06-07 springs be ok with the 09? I keep seeing people say use 06-11 shocks but get 08-09 springs.
Quick lesson for ya, haha...

The 00-05 Fronts are the same. The 06-11 Fronts are the same. The ONLY difference is strut diameter where it meets the Knuckle. You have the option of running the 00-05 Suspension with the purchase of the Omni Kit that Massive Speed System sells. The rear suspension setup is exactly the same from 00-11 with the exception of the Wagon.
Wrong on both accounts..... to a point.

The upper strut mounts MUST match the year designation of the springs or they won't fit. The upper spring diameter of the 08-09 springs is smaller than the 06-07 so the mounting hardware is different.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I can confirm they will work on the 09, as I have them on my 08.

The part number for my shocks and struts is #M-18000-ZX3B

And my springs are #M-5560-ZX3B.

I ordered mine from Tousley Ford Parts when they were on sale. They might still have the lower prices, not sure.

The springs just got much harder to find since I believe Ford just closed out most of their stock of those parts. The shocks/struts should still be easier to find.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
No you won't.
Correct. I believe Mac is talking about shocks/struts and springs, not coilovers.

Mac, correct me if my interpretation of what you said is wrong, but are you saying that you can't use an 00-05 spring with an 06+ strut and vice versa?

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
The strut top hat is what is different nothing else. That is all he is saying. You need the 08-11 strut hat. The thing with three bolts in it.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
I saw that BlueFlow/Indy posted that you will need 06-07 spring seats and bearings to install FRPP springs, Massive claims you do not that they carry 08-11 springs. They are on-sale for 95$ too for all four.

121 - 140 of 446 Posts