61 - 80 of 446 Posts

·
Panamasian
2,590 Posts
on paper no. in real life yes. 06-07 struts and shocks can be used on 08-11

·
Panamasian
2,590 Posts
yep. suspension changes happened in 06 and remained the same till 2011. the only difference is the springs which is what gave me an issue when i did my install

·
Panamasian
2,590 Posts
Major difference? Did you still get them in, if so how much of a hassle?
like in the ride quality and handling? yes. ride quality is a little harsher but not unbearable. the handling is great. just need some bigger sway bars and it'd be great. they the springs were put on the struts upside down. put it right side up and installed a springs seat that was needed. it works fine now

·
Panamasian
2,590 Posts
no. ok here's how it works

Suspension: 00'-05'

any SHOCKS AND STRUTS made and sold for the 00-05 focus have the same sized strut, regardless of body styling. any spring made for the 00-05 foci are made only to fit 00-05 foci

Suspension: 06'-11'

Any SHOCKS AND STRUTS made and sold for the 06-11 focus have the same sized strut, regardless of the change in generation.

WARNING: IF PURCHASING SPRINGS FOR YOUR 08+ FOCUS, BE SURE THAT THE MANUFACTURER YOU ARE PURCHASING FROM MAKES 08+ SPRINGS. The springs are coiled differently between 06-07 and 08+. IF PURCHASING FRPP SPRINGS, BE SURE TO HAVE THE PROPER SPRING SEATS AND BEARINGS IN ORDER TO PROPERLY SEAT THE SPRINGS.

The purpose of the omni kit is to open up the variety of suspension options for your focus. All the kit is, is an adapter to fit the shock body into the knuckle where the strut sits because the strut body is smaller. in other words:

00-05 strut assembly + omni kit = fitment on your 06-11! woohoo!

·
Registered
296 Posts
this be mine. FRPP ftw.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
BlueFlow- Prime internet info right there!! If I knew how to give you official FF props I would forsure... EDIT: just figured it out

StangBanger- Awesome whip bro! have you ever thought about color matching the mirror caps?

·
Panamasian
2,590 Posts
haha, its all good. just saving people the headache i went through.

and stangbanger, why is your car so damn sexy! clean it up!

·
Panamasian
2,590 Posts
would anyone be interested if i put my suspension up for sale?

·
Panamasian
2,590 Posts
pm'd

·
Panamasian
2,590 Posts
yah, went fishing though. think i might have caught something

·
Panamasian
2,590 Posts
something like that [8)]

·
Panamasian
2,590 Posts
annnnd sadly the fish managed to get away [?|] so they will stay on till next time

61 - 80 of 446 Posts