Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
This sounds like something that a teenage boy would care about.

In any case, driving an econo car in a straight line is not my idea of excitement.
Companys make car to compeate againt others. if you dont live in a big city with a track, all you got is a drag strip and the ocasinal sunday drive down a winding road.
Not everyone can afford the fancy race car or to dump mass amounts of money into the engine.
Theres a reason why older people hate teenagers who drive. We have to much fun, drivings not a chore its excitment.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Wow, this thread turned into a typical mk3 section thread.

To stay on topic, I ran a dart Turbo in my SE at the track, pulled it hard off the line and had a solid car ok him until I couldn't get the car into 3rd. He beat me by a fender. Then ran an integra with a fart can and ran my best run of the night, [email protected] and beat the integration by a car :)

Ran a AWD magnum R/T in the ST and had him by half a fender when we shut down.

Slow car racing is fun.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Companys make car to compeate againt others. if you dont live in a big city with a track, all you got is a drag strip and the ocasinal sunday drive down a winding road.
Not everyone can afford the fancy race car or to dump mass amounts of money into the engine.
Theres a reason why older people hate teenagers who drive. We have to much fun, drivings not a chore its excitment.
If you want to have fun, compete with someone else's driving skills, and improve your own driving skills, try road racing and/or autocross.

The fact that I can smoke a Honda Fit in a straight line (or that a Camry V6 can smoke me) does nothing for me.

IMO, driving a slow car in a straight line is boring whereas driving almost any car at the limit of adhesion can be quite exciting.

·
Registered
466 Posts
If you want to have fun, compete with someone else's driving skills, and improve your own driving skills, try road racing and/or autocross.

The fact that I can smoke a Honda Fit in a straight line (or that a Camry V6 can smoke me) does nothing for me.

IMO, driving a slow car in a straight line is boring whereas driving almost any car at the limit of adhesion can be quite exciting.
It takes the St too.
But I agree, that's why autocross is much better than the strip.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,452 Posts
Try Bracket racing= improves your reaction time & your racing against a lot of different cars.

·
Registered
235 Posts

We got nothing like that around here unless you drive 6 hours out of town. i wish our town would set up something like that. even the drag strip is a joke around here. And it only opens 4 times a year. Where i live the only thing we got is our car meets and the sunday drive. Not to mention our roads are so ruff that its almost illogical to lower out cars.

Auto cross would be a dream around here, so we make the best out of straight line racing and sunday night cruise.

·
Registered
181 Posts
We got nothing like that around here unless you drive 6 hours out of town. i wish our town would set up something like that. even the drag strip is a joke around here. And it only opens 4 times a year. Where i live the only thing we got is our car meets and the sunday drive. Not to mention our roads are so ruff that its almost illogical to lower out cars.

Auto cross would be a dream around here, so we make the best out of straight line racing and sunday night cruise.
Back in the day(giving away my age here) there was a road around here where the start/finish line was painted in 3ft letters right on the road for years.I was to still to young to drive but I remember asking my dad about it...the only constant is change I guess.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Always found tracks boring. I've played around a bit off road with a 2002 SVT, not quite ready to move my new one on to gravel yet.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts