Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i need some help. let see if anyone can help me find out what the problem is.

when i am driving my SVT 95% of the time it works great. but the other 5% of the time it seems a little sluggish and when i let off the clutch the engine will slowly rev up(it has gone as high as 6k). it does not matter if i have the trans in a gear or not but when i put it in gear and let off the clutch the trans will engage and the rev will return to normal.

so is it the clutch again.. or is it a throttle body.. or something else all together...
 

·
coooookie monster
Joined
·
7,570 Posts
you on aftermarket clutch?
 

·
C2H5OH
Joined
·
11,867 Posts
6,000 RPM is higher than the Idle Air Control Motor is capable of raising the RPM. So you should look for a vacuum leak in combination with a poor performing IACM and possibly a bad Throttle Position Sensor.

I highly doubt it has anything to do with the clutch. Something intake makes much more sense.
 

·
Focused Focus
Joined
·
6,403 Posts
Iac acting up, maybe but never heard of one doing it like that. Maybe a bad vacuum leak?
 

·
WhiteSTguy
Joined
·
5,390 Posts
TPS ~> Throttle Position Sensor! $40 fix and will take <15 minutes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so i just replaced my tps. and it seems that when i tap on the gas the idol stays at 2,000 to 2,500 rpm's. when i go and push on the throttle under the hood it returns to normal. so is it my throttle body? just seems to be hanging up or it might be dirty, any ideas?
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top