Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright guys. I stopped by my local dealership on Sunday to look at some of the Focuses (Focii) that they had in the back. Ones that hadn't been all prepped and ready to sit up front for the viewing public.

I happened across this car and as I was browsing the window sticker something jumped out at me.

Take a look and see what looks odd about this window sticker.

P.S. It's a Canadian car, so it isn't the gas mileage, that is correct.
But for those of you in Canada and have been paying attention to the car recently might notice 2 things that catch your attention.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I really don't like how they can just lie about the fuel economy like that.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First off, the MPG thing is not what caught my eye on this.

Second, you have to remember that the US uses US gallons for their ratings, while the Canadian one is using Imperial gallons, thus the discrepancies.

I'll post the oddities tomorrow if no one figures them out by then.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I'll give it a try.

1) Should just be MyFord, no touch.
2) Rear drums on SE w/sport

·
Registered
524 Posts
I noticed there is no build date on that sticker. In fact it looks like the whole top part of the window sticker was ripped off.

I just looked up this VIN online and it does not show the Myford Touch like it is listed in the standard options on this SE Hatch as shown on the above window sticker.

·
Registered
87 Posts
"Winter Package" not being standard?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, the odd thing was the MyFord Touch being listed as standard equipment on an SE.

Since you can't even get the MFT on an SE it stood out right away. Of course, I automatically looked inside to see if there was the touch screen, and there wasn't. Mistake or things to come??????

The second thing that caught me was the cost of the sport package. It is listed as $1000, but previously when I have built cars on the Ford.ca website the cost of the package was $800.

At the bottom of the sticker you can see the build date was May 12, 2011. So maybe it was $1000 because it still had the sport suspension?????

·
Registered
524 Posts
Looking at another SE window sticker here in the states the se sports package was listed as $1,130. Also the winter package was listed as $570 which is much higher than $350 on the Canadian hatch.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Winter package is more on the lower models (S and SE) its 350 on SEL and Ti because the mirrors are already standard equipment. I believe that's where you're getting the 570 and 350 from.

Posted via FF Mobile

1 - 20 of 44 Posts