Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Had to dig my focus out after work today lol...

I really miss my 2010 4x4 Ranger....

Oh well

·
Registered
59 Posts
What tires do you have? I just got some Continental ExtremeWinterContacts but I haven't had a chance to use them yet.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Ha! Last year was my first winter in Chicago!
I do find it odd that both coasts are getting immense storms and it's supposed to be 50 here this weekend.
Bad year to pick to move here. Usually the winters are more mild compared to last year, like we are seeing now. Don't worry though, we will get a bunch of snow eventually.

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What tires do you have? I just got some Continental ExtremeWinterContacts but I haven't had a chance to use them yet.
Toyo Observe GSi-5

The one with the walnut inside the tire threads lol

Microbit Technology features thousands of crushed walnut shells which are incorporated into the Observe GSi5 compound. Walnut shells are one of the hardest natural substances in the world and provide added control by scratching into ice.

·
Registered
265 Posts

Oh well
Thats why I kept my 01 Ranger when I bought my Focus!
First time driving my 2014 in the snow today, it did very well. Only a inch on the roads.
The traction control on the MKIII is MUCH better than my 2006. Very subtle with little or no power loss to the wheels.

·
Registered
285 Posts

Oh well
I remember may a times having my Ranger warm up toasty inside for a few minutes with remote start, climbing in , switch on the 4WD and pulling out in that condition and worse (In Cleveland after all).

If my cam synchro didn't bite the dust, I'd still be DD my '99. Replaced it after failure and it seems to be okay, but got my '14 SE in-case.

·
Registered
220 Posts
[ohcrap] This picture is a great reminder to me, why I moved. Can't tell you how nice it is to be spending my first winter in Florida. Before this I lived my whole life in Minnesota, and all of it's miserable winter weather. [eek]

*knocking on wood* I hopefully won't see that on my cars here ever. [paranoid]

·
Registered
242 Posts
Can we all stop making me jealous with all the snow....I haven't had any since 1999..

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Can we all stop making me jealous with all the snow....I haven't had any since 1999..
No problem!
We can make an arrangement to get it shipped next day with FedEx or UPS...

Free shipping! [grinking]
And keep it ! haha

·
Something goes here
8,290 Posts
I'll take my mild winter here in Florida over that any day of the week. Can day I have never had the pleasure of having seen snow before.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts