Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see on the Steeda side that the intake is showing 7hp with insert but more if used w/o. Im guessing its bc of more airflow but does this apply to city traffic also? or would you be better off with insert to keep from heat soak?[rolleyes] I guess if 7hp is all i could expect from it overall id stick with the $40 drop in.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
heat soak mainly comes from the filter sucking in warm air, not the intake pipe being warm.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but does the insert really block the hot air enough to make a noticable difference? or would you say go no heat shield?

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
the insert has nothing to do with temperature.... it has to do with making the MAF tube larger and letter more air in.

but then you need a tune to tell the PCM that the tube is larger... but sinse there are no tunes for 08'+'s yet you cannot do it yet.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ohh ok i thought they were talking about the heat shield... thanks for clearing that up.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
yes, and hopefully, they will be coming up with a true cai for these cars soon....hopefully.....

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
he might mean that the steeda is listed as a "cai" but isnt really and there are alot of SRI's out there that aren't truely bringing in COLD air.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
i say a true CAI, is one the draws air from the outside of the engine bay.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
other guy is right, i just meant cai vs the steeda (in case the OP thought the steeda was a cai, not an sri), and i meant it instead of, say, a home-made, ro 'stealth' one.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
yeah...didnt some sales propaganda on the 05s and on note that...'sport tuned exhaust, short-throw shifter, and cold air intake?'

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
eah, u have an 05 too, so u know what im talkin about. pretty funny.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just put the Steeda SRI on my 05. After driving it for a few minutes and checking on it I found that the filter and filter housing provided by steeda was actually quite warm because it is so close to the engine inside the engine compartment. I do notice that i get a little better acceleration and a different exhaust note, so overall it was a good buy.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
the steeda guys are gonna groan when they hear that lol^^^

the 'warmth' is the problem with the SRI once the warmer weather comes in...becomes what is called 'heatsoak' instead.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts