Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Capt. Urn
5,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All, [just to warn you, im a noob [???:)] ]

can anyone tell me what colorado law is on window tinting, or have any clue how i can find out? Thanks for the help.

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
Any local tint shop should be able to tell you what is legal for your state or do a search on this site, I remember someone asked this question before and I think somebody posted a URL that you could search by state.......or if all else fails contant your Colorado Department of Motor Vehicles .

·
Capt. Urn
5,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your help. looks like 30 all the way round according to the URL. Tinting is definatly on the to do list, probably not till after christmas though. can anyone give me an approximate cost estimate so i know what to expect?

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
Depends, I have seen some on this forum who were able to get it done for $100 and others who paid as much as $300. If you wanted to set a target budget for yourself
I would set aside $225 and then start shopping around ( I got mine, ZX5, for $190). Beware, tinting is like any other thing you may buy, you get what you pay for. Some tint material is junk so ask questions regarding the tint material, warranty, will it fade, etc.
Good luck and welcome to the forum.

·
Capt. Urn
5,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the help.

just FYI for anyone else looking, the link posted above has a place on the sight that gives you information about shops that do tinting in your area, i got six pages of numbers and addresses for shops around denver. looks like i am going to call around to price shop.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts