Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright --dont know if this is the right place[paranoid]
~ but ~

I asked my parents to get me a clear signal grill and clear side-markers for Christmas -- I was wondering if any people had trouble passing inspection due to the signals not being amber ---[dunno] thanks for the help

i looked at the state laws the S2 posted-- -according to it I will be fine if i have white or amber or any color between--- but i just wanted to see if yall have ran into any problems --even though its legal
thanks for the help--- i am still curious

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
no you wont have any problem. just use amber bulbs.

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
Moved To Texas Fanatics
People from your home state will probably be able to provide you with accurate information.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
there should be no problem. as long as you are displaying a amber light. so your gonna need amber bulbs if the side markers are clear.

·
Spunky!!!
5,730 Posts
You wont have any problems!
as long as your bulbs are amber.
i have the SilverStar amber bulbs. (size:3157)
pic:

they give a blue/red/orange reflection and light up amber.

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
two questions

1: how to put the emblem on the grill
2: how to change the side markers out

why do the laws say its ok to have a white light ? if i need amber ill get amber --just wondering

thanks for the help-

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
Behind the bumper where the side markers are at should be 2 screws holding the markers in ... that is it. Pretty simple.

For the emblem I remember being one screw holding the emblem ... but I haven't done that in a long time.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
you dont have to have amber bulbs, but it is recommended.

they can be white or yellow (amber) to pass inspection.

hell, i had those cheap ass "hyper white" bulbs in there, and they looked damn close to being blue, and never had a problem.

·
Registered
267 Posts
do they even check this kind of stuff? my shop just plugs in OBDII scanner, as long as I got no codes (even when i was catless) I'm good and I'm on my way. some shops will care about illegal tint though

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
alright -- i saw the screws that hold the side markers in --how do i go about unscrewing the screws --they seem hard to get to
thanks

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
A good wrench or even some pliers could get the screws off. And no they are not hard. It should really take you like 2-4 minutes each to change. Pretty simple.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts