Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was driving today and while making aleft turn, I noticed the left turn singal was blinking twice as fast as it should have been. The signals (front and back), the interior indicator light, and the clicking noise, are all now twice as fast.

The right turn signal is still the same speed.

I don't think I did anything to cause this. Any help?

I saw this thread, and was wondering if anything mentioned here applied to me.

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=88935

·
Registered
527 Posts
it more than likely means you have a bulb out. check all your signals and find out which one burned out. should fix it.

·
FF Veteran Goofball
5,741 Posts
(omg even i knew that. alert the media!)

yeah, time to checky the lighties. [thumb]

·
FF Veteran Goofball
5,741 Posts
Oh, and WELCOME!!! :)

·
Registered
295 Posts
Yup, like everyone else said, it's going to be one of your lights, most likely in the rear since they are dual filament bulbs, just make sure you check turn signals and all on that one side.

·
Registered
11,161 Posts
It's a light burned out. Every car I know of does that when a turn signal burns out.

·
Registered
204 Posts
One of your lights is out. :)

Just put the blinker on in a parking lot and hop out of the car and check those lights on that side of the car.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, appears to be out.
Th erick was it's a dual filament bulb, as was mentioned.

Anyone know how much this'll cost me to replace?
Thanks.

·
Registered
295 Posts
If you go to Wal - Mart, I'm sure you wont spend more than five dollars, give or take, that's where I went when I replaced mine. That was well over a year ago, so I can't be for sure though.

·
Registered
79 Posts
mine did that too, but i was rewiring the taillights to put some euro ones in and got the wires crossed. if you did something like that, then that could be your cause too. just my .02 worth.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Replaced it last night, thanks everyone.
It was $2.49 (for 2) at K-Mart, and of course I bought the wrong bulbs - I got the ones with the round connector as opposed to the rectangular slotty type ones.
So I had to go back and exchange them (and pay an extra 50 cents).
I considered replacing both bulbs at the same time, but I figured I could just leave the other new one in my glove compartment.

My next thing to do is figure out why my brakes are squeaking.
When I get to LA tomorrow noght, I'll see what I can do about getting new brake pads and changing the oil while I'm at it.

I've never done either, and I know chaging the oil is doable by just about anyone, but what about brake pads? I'll probably just end up having a shop nearby do both.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I have done the brakes and oil myself, the oil I did with a lift at my school though, and I have done the brakes with and without a lift, and they are quite simple. My recommendation unless you have access to a lift, is do the brakes yourself and pay for the oilchange, or find somwhere that may have some deal for both.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts