Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my back left light works, just not to signal or when I use the key fob to beep it. This comes and goes, normally you can bang on it and it works again. Tonight however I think I broke my knuckle in that attempt and it still doesn't work.

what's it's issue? where can I look? what can I do? The very fast signal turn light beeping is driving me insane!

thanks
ps. I washed him tonight and he looks good *swoon*

·
Jetsetter
6,659 Posts
it sounds like the issue is the bulb, replace the bulb and im 99% sure that will solve your problem

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
good deal :) I will try that in the morning.

what is a signal relay and would that be a problem? Although the front works... hrm. I am useless with these problems.

·
Late for Dinner
15,332 Posts
check all the bulbs on that side. front grill, front fender, taillight. if they all work and your banging on it got it going again before it's either that bulb is bad or loose in the socket, or the socket could have some corrosion in it (do not stick anything metal in the socket or you may short the socket or blow a fuse).

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
The very fast signal turn light beeping is driving me insane!

The fast turn signal means lowered resistance from a bulb being out. The bulb could have a broken element that will "reconnect" (so to speak) when bumped. Definitely changing the bulb will put the resistance level where it should be to slow down the flash. Also, make sure you get the correct bulb for the car, there are several that will fit in the socket and work with the brake lights/turn signal and running lights, but have a lower or higher resistance rating. Check your owners manual for the correct bulb or remove the bulb and match the numbers.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So my next newb question would be.... how in the world do I get off the light cover without breaking it? Yes I read the manual, yes I'm useless.

Seriously I'll install a raid array on your computer... but change the lightbulb on my car that's like rocket science.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I DID IT!!!

It's minus 30 out and I did it! I danced in the snow... greatness. :)

Thanks everyone

1 - 10 of 10 Posts