Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Left side slightly lower

535 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  fordtech11799 
G
#1 ·
Lately, I've noticed that the left rear of my car is slightly lower than the right (~1/4 - 1/2-IN, measured from the pavement to the bottom of the body panel directly above the hub). The fonts are practically exactly even. We have been having a few sub-zero days with a lot of snow lately, so I am wondering if weather might be a factor? Is this difference enough to even be of concern?

Driving around, I haven't noticed any odd noises coming from the back end, nor has the car ever been in a collision or a scrape. Except for a basic emergency kit (stored on the left side of the trunk, maybe 10 lbs max.), the trunk is essentially empty. I haven't been able to get the car up off its wheels, but from what I have been able to see crawling underneath, the springs appear to be in decent shape (no signs of major cracks or damage). Both rear tires have the same amount of air in them. Here are some other stats about the car:
-2003 Focus ZTS sedan, ~77,000 miles
-16-IN wheels
-new tires all around (less than 2 months old)
-new rear bearings (less than 2 months old)
-new shocks/struts all around (~ 1 year old---I don't see any signs of leakage, but the snow might be hiding a small leak)
-springs are stock and original
-I'm usually the only one in the car

See less See more
#2 ·
haha! don't let fat people sit in the back of your car!!! just playing...

well, if you are measuring that way, look at any other cars. No car is going to sit perfectly level. The ground could also play a role in making it look un-level.

personally, i wouldn't worrry about it if it's only like a 1/4" different...however, watch it. If you start noticing it getting worse, than you might have an issue that you would want to get fixed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.