Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
FF's Quadriplegic!
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all of those who own the EAP HID lights. Have you guys/gals had any problems with the LEFT (Driver) side Ballast going bad?

The High Beam, Blinker and City Light all work. But that HID just doesn't want to light up.

At first I thought it was the bulb. So ordered 2 of them from a Hella dealer. Went ahead and replaced the bulbs, and still only the Right one lit up.

I found out it was my ballast when I replaced it with the RIGHT (Passenger) side Ballast, and the HID lit up.

I did a quick search and only 2 topics came up on the HID Problems. I checked all my wiring and all is good. I'm using the Hacked VW (Audi) method of wiring. Still it's all good. Especially since I just said the right ballast worked with the left HID.

It's wierd. But trying to find out why the ballast doesn't work any more is troublesome. I need a smaller Torx size to open this thing up and check it out.

If anyone has information or help, please let me know.
Thanks!!!

·
FF's Quadriplegic!
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hahaha....jsut when I thought something is broken, this had to happen.......

I sat around thinking why it wouldn't work.

Since I move the Right Ballst over to the Left HID Housing, I decided to put the Left Ballast onto the Right HID Housing.

Then...BOOM! The Right HID lit up. NOW BOTH HIDs WORK NICELY.

Is that odd or what?

·
Banned
503 Posts
maybe just some harness got loose or something...lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts