Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
FUBARCUS
7,760 Posts
I have a problem. I just installed new aftermarket headlights and I have one problem. The angel eyes around the headlights won’t turn on. Any ideas on how to get them working?
There is probably a separate wire for those that you will need to tie into the parking lights to make work. That's how the lights for my '03 were when I bought them.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,328 Posts
Seems like you don't have them wired/connected.....

·
FUBARCUS
7,760 Posts
Looking at the lights, all the other LEDs are lit up. Strange that the halos aren't.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would like to convert my head lights and front fog lights to LEDs, do I have to change the wiring or the current ones will do just fine?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I would like to convert my head lights and front fog lights to LEDs, do I have to change the wiring or the current ones will do just fine?
It would depend on what you buy.... Some LED kits have ballasts that have to be installed, similar to HID kits. Some are simply "plug and play" and have the ballast integrated into the bulbs themselves. In most cases, the factory wiring is used to connect to the ballast or bulb. Since LEDs draw considerably less power than halogen or incandescent bulbs, the wiring won't be a problem. If you're replacing compete light assemblies, you'll have to consult any included instructions.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I put a cheap Ebay kit in and it lasted about a year. Now they were cheap. I replaced them with Sylvania Zevo LEDs and have been very impressed. They were about 100 bucks for the pair but they are made very well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts