Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I have read that it's possible to install resistors/equalizers on the third brake light wires to make the cruise control work again.

Anyone know what exactly I have to buy to make my cruise control work again with the LED lights installed??

Thanks

·
Thats What She Said
10,704 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damn, those would be good if I still had the original third brake light housing. But the reason I replaced it was cause my original one was cracked so I threw it away a long time ago.. and bought all black tail lights to replace the originals with. The new tail light has a LED strip built into it.

Thanks for the reply though, I could buy another OG third brake light and install those but I only plan on using the CC a few times a year on long trips and I don't want to change the dark theme of my focus haha

·
Thats What She Said
10,704 Posts
Damn, those would be good if I still had the original third brake light housing. But the reason I replaced it was cause my original one was cracked so I threw it away a long time ago.. and bought all black tail lights to replace the originals with. The new tail light has a LED strip built into it.

Thanks for the reply though, I could buy another OG third brake light and install those but I only plan on using the CC a few times a year on long trips and I don't want to change the dark theme of my focus haha
Could always get one from the junk yard, and tint it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I installed a load resistor on my third brake light. Lo and behold, it reactivated cruise control. Now I'm cruisin'.

I installed a 50W 6-Ohm Load Resistor off Amazon on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts