Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone confirm the correct wiring for LED taillight bulbs?

I did the two outer wires and it seems to be still hyperflashing.

Thanks.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Look on the base of the bulb connector where the 3 wires come out. It says "MAJ" (stop & signal lights), "MIN" (parking lights), and a line (for Ground). You need to jump MAJ to Ground. Also, make sure you are connecting the resistor to the correct black & white ground wire. The very slightly thicker one is for the tail light and the other is for the reverse light.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great - thank you. That worked. My only other issue is I replaced my turn signal LED's up front for brighter ones and they do not blink when I unlock or lock the car. Once the parking lights come on (and stay on) the LED's come on. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
They will also need a resistor up front. It's really not worth the look to keep cutting up and tapping into the harnesses... But that's just my .02c

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great - thank you. That worked. My only other issue is I replaced my turn signal LED's up front for brighter ones and they do not blink when I unlock or lock the car. Once the parking lights come on (and stay on) the LED's come on. Any ideas?
Any ideas guys - it is bothering me. Might just have to take the LED's out. For some reason when I click unlock or lock - only the back turn signals blink. The front kind of flicker for a second then the parking light part turns on and stays on.....

·
Registered
652 Posts
Any ideas guys - it is bothering me. Might just have to take the LED's out. For some reason when I click unlock or lock - only the back turn signals blink. The front kind of flicker for a second then the parking light part turns on and stays on.....

What bulb did you go with. Probably the wrong one. You need "3457"

Pretty sure 3157 will work too.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought these:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RV46YBC?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

And I think I figured it out - they are blinking weird because of the time delay changing from white to amber. That is why when I unlock/lock the car the white flickers for 1 second, then another second, then turns on - it is because the amber is trying to come on (with time delay).

As for the comments about splicing into wiring harness, I have only spliced once (when putting on the resistors) other than that, there is no other splicing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts