Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody out there installed led tail lights on their zx3? If so, any problems? Do you like the look and function (are they bright enough) of the light? Would you list the pros and cons.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I love my led tails been wanting them forever and finally got them you see how bright they are in the picture and thats in the middle of the day so use you imagination of how bright they are at night

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the pics. Any problems with the blinker being out of sync.

·
Registered
733 Posts
yeah, i got the hyper blink thing but since i replaced all my blinking lights with leds they all blink the same speed so finally gotten used to it and it doesn't bother me as much

·
Registered
411 Posts
I love my led tails been wanting them forever and finally got them you see how bright they are in the picture and thats in the middle of the day so use you imagination of how bright they are at night

do you have a pic of the whole back of the car? I want to know see how it looks.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Hey All. Just ran across this notification at http://www.lightlens.com/coloredbulbs.htm
Just FYI: Might want to be careful where your buying them at.

Automotive News - AFTERMARKET L.E.D. TAILLIGHTS 40% DEFECTIVE IN 3 MONTHS... Aftermarket L.E.D. taillights manufacturer sued for defective L.E.D. taillights and illegal conduct. A lawsuit was filed in Los Angeles Superior Court on Sept. 4, 2008 (case no. BC394618). The lawsuit alleges over 40% of the aftermarket L.E.D. taillights shipped to online retail customers were defective in the box or within 3 months of installation. The allegations of defective L.E.D. taillights are based on a conclusive customer satisfaction survey in which online retail customers reported more than 40% of the L.E.D. taillights they received were defective in the box or within 3 months of installation.

Those look nice PURO LATINO 8-D

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
puro latino are those ebay? or actual namebrand? those look great

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
i think we need an "official LED light thread".
theres been like 10 LED threads in the last week.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
LED's are coming on for sure. But most of them are going to be junk imo. They use cheap off-the-shelf LED's and drive the crap out them to get the brightness, which of course means there going to burn out fast. I saw the backside of one set and there was not a hint of current limiting or voltage control. Just waiting for the complaints to start rolling.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
^
thats why when i get LED tail lamps im goin to spend the extra money for euro stars
Is "euro stars" a brand name? Or is it a trade name? Searching for the manufacturers web site...

Huh! I find references to tailights made by EUROSTAR®, but they don't appear to have a website(?) Also, It may refer to a European manufacturing zone. Hence, they can trademark EUROSTAR®. But that does not tell you how there made or promise any level of quality. Any help on this?

·
Registered
733 Posts
puro latino are those ebay? or actual namebrand? those look great
I got them off ebay, I originally wanted eurostars but they are way too much in my opinion they are a euro taillight cause it came with the amber bulb which I changed to a blue glass bulb so it does light up white

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
i want a black set. i think they look like sex.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Is "euro stars" a brand name? Or is it a trade name? Searching for the manufacturers web site...

Huh! I find references to tailights made by EUROSTAR®, but they don't appear to have a website(?) Also, It may refer to a European manufacturing zone. Hence, they can trademark EUROSTAR®. But that does not tell you how there made or promise any level of quality. Any help on this?
i could be just a name for them. ive heard it used on here quite a bit with quality in the same sentence. they are the same as purelatino's.

http://depoautolights . com/tail-lights-focus-c-367_369_381.html?osCsid=856ff06cb6144ea00d2fe0efdc106ed0

on the site they have one thats "euro star type" so i could be its own brand.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
i could be just a name for them. ive heard it used on here quite a bit with quality in the same sentence. they are the same as purelatino's.

http://depoautolights . com/tail-lights-focus-c-367_369_381.html?osCsid=856ff06cb6144ea00d2fe0efdc106ed0

on the site they have one thats "euro star type" so i could be its own brand.
I found EUROSTAR with a registered trademark. But I also found many manufacturers using the trademark. To make things more complicated, Eurostar is also a division(?) of European tourism (includes a train service).

Ack! [???:)]

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
DEPO is the brand, and they make excellent quality lights. we used to use them all the time at the body shop i worked at. they make oem style replacement and euro style aftermarket lights for thousands of makes/models.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts