Focus Fanatics Forum banner

LED Tails or SES Tails

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you like the LED Tail Lights or SES Dark Tint Tail Lights?
I think I like the dark tint SES tail lights better? I like the tinted look and for some reason in some pictures the LED Tails look kinda werid.

Anyone else have more pictures in the daytime, night too?

LED:

SES:

·
Registered
327 Posts
i have a set of led tails myself. i then bought a set of light taillight tint from Rvinyl.com and covered the chrome. looks as good as my stock ses tails:)

·
Registered
327 Posts
also another cool thing about the led tails is that they have load resistors already installed, so when i put my switchback bulbs in my projectors upfront i didnt get the rapid flash! cool little extra i think:)

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought to stop rapid flashing you need 4 resistors. One at each bulb???? That is a great feature then............hmm...

·
Registered
652 Posts
I had ses tails and got led tails a few weeks ago. I love the led tails. Just wish the Chrome was dark like the ses tails.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I think its the chrome that looks werid on it. The chrome OEM tails look better than the chrome on the LED.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do you have one with it off? I looked throught yours but cant find it.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
See that is the part I dont like. Is the look, the chrome look, I like the tinted look of the SES tail lights and if you put LED's in the SES it will sorta do the same purpose right.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I like the tinted look of the SES tail lights and if you put LED's in the SES it will sorta do the same purpose right.
Not at all. They will look the same as stock but brighter with led bulbs.

The LED tails have different placement of the light. Looks way better and they are about 10x brighter than the stockers. I made a video with one stock and one led tail in to show the differences but the video came out super twitchy for some reason.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
I say led bulbs with red tint!

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
also another cool thing about the led tails is that they have load resistors already installed, so when i put my switchback bulbs in my projectors upfront i didnt get the rapid flash! cool little extra i think:)
Lol that is not how it works.... you need a resistor on the wires going to your switchbacks. You may not have hyperflash but it will affect the longetivity of the bulb.

Haha its not one huge wire running to all of your headlights and tails

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I was thinking of doing VHT on my stock tails but now I am thinking of doing SES tails. I like the look and you have all changed my mind (plus I saw some on a car in a parking lot, looked boss as hell). Also, if you have scratches that are not too deep can you sand them out with some fine sand paper?

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
ive got them already.... my coupe tails please =) cant stand the chrome. id be all for it if they released a blacked out version of the LED tails for us coupe owners.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts