Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting my windows tinted next week thinking about putting leds in the reverse lights to help offset the tint at night. My question is has anyone ever done this, and what ones did you use? Seen I couple on ebay would those be good and would I need anything else or just direct connect?

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Our reverse lights suck in the first place and LEDs don't make too much of a difference. Ill get pictures of mine when it gets darker. Doubt they'll come out any good though. I only have my shitty camera now. Damn thieves...

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Like I said, POS camera but you can kind of compare between how the tail light looks in the picture and how bright it is in person to get an idea. Not much better than stock but they look better. LEDs don't throw as far as halogen in the first place either.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you just have to plug them any or a?nything else required? And which ones did you get

·
Registered
304 Posts
for the most part.. plug n play.. except for anything that flashes. unless you go the expensive route like I have and got CANBUS/Error Free bulbs that have a built in resistor, otherwise you have to jerry rig a resistor to the wire leading to the Flasher(s). If you don't you'll get a Bulb Error message and/or the dreaded Hyperflash and/or both of the affortmentioned ires.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Plug and go. Those are from Super Bright LED. Cant remember which ones exactly but the stock build is a 921 Im surprised they've lasted. Everything else I've gotten from them was crap. Unfortunately DDM doesn't have the right ones.

·
Registered
304 Posts
once i get the projects im currently working on finished, I'll post some nice photos for you all to see :D

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone. And bimmerkid I am also workin on custom projectors.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I would also like to know if there are better reverse lights available! I just tinted my taillights and forgot to tape them off. :(
I did the same mistake.. I have the perfect solution check ur pm for my cell number.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Several things you need:

A small bottle of paint thinner...
A thing of heavy duty and asorbent shop towels
A glass scraper "knife"
A 3m 320 grit sanding sponge (labeled for "sanding inbetween coats"

Pour some thinner on a towel rub it down a bit and pour some on the area to make it really wet.. Rub it harder...
Then go to town with the scraper.. The sh.t comes right off, but be careful not to cut yourself. Use the sanding sponge as needed on the area.. Keep doing that until you get it the way you like. Then tape things off as you like... Then sand down the whole lense just for a good measure, then respray.. Also rub some thinner on the clean lesr.. U may have to use a buffing wheel on the area or use some clearcoat spray to make the lense less clody,, ill post pics after work.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Say, I got a question for everyone. If I have bulbs that have the Canbus/Error Free resistors built into them.... and i have everything plugged in correctly.. why am i getting the hyperflash?

·
Registered
304 Posts
..it looks like i may have to grab some resistors!! URGhh... $45 bucks per set for nothing on these bulbs >_< I might contact the company and see what the can do.. if nothing i might just send them back for a refund and buy cheaper bulbs and get the Resistors .. cheaper bet.......

1 - 20 of 20 Posts