Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am ready to upgrade my stock bulbs into all LED, will I need a resistor? I know old fashion blinker setup used to not work with just a standalone led and needed a resistor, does anyone have a LED as a blinker? And if I have to buy a resistor, anyone knows where I can buy some built-into the bulb resistor? Thank you for any help!

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
If a blinker bulb burns out, my blinker goes real fast, so focuses must still be using the old-fashioned current-sensitive flasher. My guess is you'll need a resisror since LED's draw only about 1/6 th as much current as incandescents.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
By the way, lubocki, I think you'll need a fairly big resistor (like a 10 watt job), I don't THINK you'll find any built into bulbs. But you'd onlyneed the resistors for the blinking light installations.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you "Blurvfocus" that really helps me out, and I will order a resistor while I am at it. Thanks again and have a great Holiday Season!!!!!

·
Cashed in my chips
2,837 Posts
I have LED "blinker bulbs" in my front bumper lights. I got them off of ebay and there is no "rapid blinker syndrome" because of them. Are these what you are refering to, or are you talking about your rear turn signals?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts