Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of after market projectors in the 2014 hatch. I want to upgrade the lights to LED's but am not sure whether or not I can. Couple questions...

1. Can I simply buy a set of LED headlights and put them in or so I need a conversion kit?

2. Will the projectors throw the light correctly instead of spreading it out and blinding people?

3. Has anyone done this and can they reccomend a good product?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have a set of after market projectors in the 2014 hatch. I want to upgrade the lights to LED's but am not sure whether or not I can. Couple questions...

1. Can I simply buy a set of LED headlights and put them in or so I need a conversion kit?

2. Will the projectors throw the light correctly instead of spreading it out and blinding people?

3. Has anyone done this and can they reccomend a good product?

1. Not worth it to get LED IMHO, but you technically can. I've heard many reviews that bash the LED's for not projecting well, good for fogs though. Besides, you can get HID kits for like 55$ at a customs shop if you have one nearby. It's an H11, just for reference.
2. Mine are amazing and work so well, LED maybe, HID (Depending on the kit quality) should be no. Its the housing that is mainly pointing and projecting the light.
3. Yes, I got 6k HID's on my focus and let me tell you, everyone goes crazy for them. The 6k color for me looks amazing and people say they look amazing. It's all up to you though. I Recommend a kit. Just note that you may have to get a "warning light/Hid flicker canceler" <-- something like that.

It's a little hard to see but you get the idea... I can send more pics if you want 4076838232

·
Strichmädchen & Koks
3,112 Posts
Remember, projectors and reflectors are designed with a certain bulb design in mind. The light source needs to come from a certain spot for the projectors or reflectors to work properly. If it's not coming from that certain spot, light will just be scattered.

You would need LED bulbs that put out light exactly like the HID bulbs you are currently using. Also, it's difficult to find LED lights that put out as much light as HID (or even halogen), and those that do are very expensive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts