Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone fitted these to the interior lights on their focus?

Not sure how to remove the chip board in the unit that is stopping me from inserting the led pannel.

Can anyone provide an insight how I can completely disassemble the unit?

These panels are super bright and would make the interior much brighter.

·
Registered
352 Posts
your trying to put that for your dome lights?

I had my dome lights changed to White LED, whatever the OEM bulb size is and it is super bright, I dont think its necessary to get such a large LED light, it will be too bright and where will you fit it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, a friend has them in his and they look pretty good, but with the chip board in the way, I wouldn't be able to get the LED panel in, thought someone could provide an insight into how to remove this

I have some LED's in at the moment which has helped the brightness.

Thanks for responding!

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Yeah, a friend has them in his and they look pretty good, but with the chip board in the way, I wouldn't be able to get the LED panel in, thought someone could provide an insight into how to remove this

I have some LED's in at the moment which has helped the brightness.

Thanks for responding!
Can you take a picture of what is in your car at the moment? In Canada, I have a regular dome shaped object with metal inside. The bulb stick out of a hole on the top. To make it work, you would have to get rid of this part (it can be removed because it's snap on).

Refer to this video for what we have: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0w38IpKR1o

The black PCB you see can be removed from the plastic housing. Don't break the housing's pins. Glue the PCB to the roof of the car. Take the 194 adapter and plug it in the PCB connector. Connect the 194 adapter 2 pins into the LED PCB you have. Glue the LED PCB to the bottom of the plastic housing.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Has anyone fitted these to the interior lights on their focus?

Not sure how to remove the chip board in the unit that is stopping me from inserting the led pannel.

Can anyone provide an insight how I can completely disassemble the unit?

These panels are super bright and would make the interior much brighter.

Can you post a link where your found this light assembly? I might want to get one, thanks

·
Registered
60 Posts
Can you take a picture of what is in your car at the moment? In Canada, I have a regular dome shaped object with metal inside. The bulb stick out of a hole on the top. To make it work, you would have to get rid of this part (it can be removed because it's snap on).

Refer to this video for what we have: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0w38IpKR1o

The black PCB you see can be removed from the plastic housing. Don't break the housing's pins. Glue the PCB to the roof of the car. Take the 194 adapter and plug it in the PCB connector. Connect the 194 adapter 2 pins into the LED PCB you have. Glue the LED PCB to the bottom of the plastic housing.
I tried this video and I felt if I pulled any harder it would break. I noticed a slot in the back of the light fixture, small screwdriver? any one else have this problem??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@Squad-G - it's the same unit that's in the video, it may not be a good idea to start fiddling around with the unit. The dam things can be expensive!

@ctbale - they have them on amazon under, a quick search for led panel car will bring up a ton of results, but you can get them here for way cheaper if you want to wait a month or so for delivery

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
@Squad-G - it's the same unit that's in the video, it may not be a good idea to start fiddling around with the unit. The dam things can be expensive!

@ctbale - they have them on amazon under, a quick search for led panel car will bring up a ton of results, but you can get them here for way cheaper if you want to wait a month or so for delivery
Well, that is the thing. With my idea, you can put it back stock with no problem. No permanent modifications are required.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I finally plucked up the courage to pull apart the units and fit the LED panels.
I needed to remove the bulb reflector within the unit to get the panel to fit.

They are so bright and make the car stand out when the lights are turned on.

I will post a picture later on when its dark, to show the full effect!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts