Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a decent set of LED strips/ lights that could fit behind the side vents on the 08 focus? Lookin to pick up a set from a store if possible, but will order them if I have too. Also if any info on how to install the lights would be greatly appreciated.

·
Jetsetter
6,659 Posts
http://www.oznium.com/

you will have to order of course, but many of users on here order thru them, as well as myself several times, they sell top quality products at a good price, and some of the best customer service as well.

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
Pep boys sells things like this

·
FocusFest Event Team
2,362 Posts
i second oznium.com. good stuff. I also have single led's if you wanna do it that way, but a thin strip would prolly be easier.

oh, and we don't have pep boys in KC

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ill give oznium a look then. I was hopin the strips would be easier but I havent found a set yet that were short enough to get behind the vent.

(Never mind just found a super short set)

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Have you looked on eBay? they have thousands of them!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats honestly the only place i havent looked.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ordered some lights from oznium, will have some pics of the final product up when they get here.

·
FocusFest Event Team
2,362 Posts
cool. let me know if you need any help getting things setup and installed

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cool. let me know if you need any help getting things setup and installed
Thanks, ill probably be sendin you a text then when I get them cause I am not very familiar when it comes to electrical.

·
Registered
9 Posts
www.jlclightings.com sells some cool LED strips too
I just ordered some CREE LED for the reverse light and it is hella bright. I also go me some interior lights too and some LED DRL strip too.

If you spend over $100 free shipping and they sent me an email for 10% off when ordeirng online

code: FORD10OFF

·
Registered
1,174 Posts

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
ijdmtoy.com where i get my LED strips

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
For that price I could put some giant offroad lights under the back-end as backup lights!

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I got excited, but then realized it was still really expensive. :(

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I also just watched their video of the bulbs in action, and I'm not that impressed. The majority of the light is firing straight back. They're like reverse headlights. I'm also not liking that they're tinted blue. I'm pretty strict about color temperature, and I'm not interested in anything above 5000K. Finally, they're definitely not bright enough to warrant a $50 price tag each, imo.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Alright, I take back what I said about the brightness, but the blue tint is a deal breaker for me.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts