Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I want to make the interior of my lovely Ford Focus mk1 a bit more personal and tomorrow I'm going to a car junkyard to look for some dashboard components to paint.

One of the green lights behind the rev meter doesn't work anymore so I plan on replacing these lights as well. I'd like to use blue or red lights. Please see the picture below for the broken light;

Judging by the layout I assume I've got the version with six led lights.

Now some questions:
- Are the lights itself green leds or are these "regular" white leds behind a green cover?
- Can I change the color of the odo-meter by replacing a led?
- Where do I find good tutorials to replace the other leds in the cockpit as well? Especially the airco compartment and the window regulators.

My car is a 2004 Focus mk1.5 wagon.

·
Registered
8 Posts
LED Replacement

I've done a full LED replacement on every single bulb in my car. (04 Estate) The bulbs behind the cluster are "white." When I say white, they really emit more of a yellow color like most halogens. I replaced the two main ones (194) with a couple pure-white sylvanias, and the indicator lights with ones i got off ebay. Not that you can't (shouldn't) use pure-white leds for red indicators. Buy some "warm white" leds for those. Otherwise, they will show up pink. I think the size for indicator bulbs is 74. There are a few threads here to change the color of the dials, but they involve carefully separating the layers of the dash. Not for the inexperienced.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts