Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have talked about this before but never figured it out. Does anyone with a 2nd gen have led license plate lights that don't flicker. I lwanna change them but can't find the correct size. I have all leds except these

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Yes. Let me look up the website for you.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
http://store.42draftdesigns.com/145v-White-39mm-Fuse-Style-LED_p_32.html

SB-823 14.5v White 39mm Fuse Style LED

I've had them in my car since February, and not a single flicker. The ones I bought from SuperBrightLEDs.com flickered and burnt out within weeks of installation. I should also note that when I'm driving, my parking lights are ALWAYS on, which means these LEDs stay on whenever I'm in the car as well.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
There's also a 10% off coupon you can use if you buy before January 2nd: H2011

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
UPDATE:

I emailed 42 Draft Designs and John emailed me right back. He reminded me that I am human and can make mistakes. Haha. The bulbs have diodes and have to be rotated 180 degrees if they dont light up initially. I had tried it originally, but being human, I didnt rotate corectly. All is well now and my lights look good. Here is a day shot. Ill take a night shot in a little bit.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Also had that problem....both worked right away...then 1 hr later one didnt...i left it alone and the next day it was working again....so maybe try turning it around first....but if they were both working but now not, wait it out...lol

EDIT: SORRY...I WAS BABYSITTING MY POST BEFORE POSTING

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Yeah, I was 0 for 2 when I tried putting them in. So annoying that you have to take everything apart again just to change the pos/neg ends! Not that it was tremendously hard, however...

1 - 20 of 203 Posts