Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, it's been a while since I posted. I have a question for everyone who might know if there is a LED headlight kit available for the MK3. My brother in law purchased an LED kit for his 03 to 04 lightning for a month prior to Christmas. We installed them in the truck a day after and let me tell you those bulbs are massive and FREAKISLY bright.

I have tried to search for a set from the same company to see if they were available, but no dice. I figured you guys would be the best chance to assist me in locating a company that makes a set for my car. [thankyou]

·
Registered
952 Posts
Which lights are you trying to change? I've got bulbs and load resistors for each front signal, as well as the sidemarker/parking lights on the way from superbrightleds.com.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was looking to do the headlights. The kit he bought was the New Brights by CREE. if I'm not mistaking, the factory bulbs are a dual configuration.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I got my new LED bulbs put in. All I have say "what a big difference they make. Here are some pics of my car with the new bulbs in.

Here is the front of my car

Here is what they look like in the parking lot

And here is pic of them driving down the road (sorry the pic is blurry)

The brand of bulbs are from CREE and they are the New Brights 6400 Lumens LED headlights

They were on sale on Amazon for $149.00 for prime members about $400.00 for non-members. The low beam bulb part# H11 and the high beam part# H1. Best buy I have made, but there might be some trimming on the housing to fit the cooling fan the mounts to the bulb.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Can you get a picture of them shining on a wall? I'd like to see the light pattern. Be interesting to see how long they last too.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can get you a pic of the light pattern tomorrow. They have a five year manufacturers warranty on them. I will definitely keep you posted on their performance.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, I used my factory headlight housings, reason why is because of the last dealership that serviced my car. I had them detail my car, the detail guy got his buffer to close to my headlight housings and burnt the top portion of the lens .

At that time I couldn't afford a new set of aftermarket housing to replace them. So I figured i would them to run these bulbs as a test bed to see what the pros and cons were. So far I have been amazed on how bright these highlights are.

·
Registered
103 Posts
subscribed... I also want to see the beam pattern. I like the cutoff of the factory lights and don't want to mess that up...

·
Registered
443 Posts
Interested in seeing beam pattern as well. What exactly did you have to trim? Anything that would make it difficult to go back to halogen?

·
Deutsche Arsche
2,549 Posts
Well I got my new LED bulbs put in. All I have say "what a big difference they make. Here are some pics of my car with the new bulbs in.

Here is the front of my car

Here is what they look like in the parking lot

And here is pic of them driving down the road (sorry the pic is blurry)

The brand of bulbs are from CREE and they are the New Brights 6400 Lumens LED headlights

They were on sale on Amazon for $149.00 for prime members about $400.00 for non-members. The low beam bulb part# H11 and the high beam part# H1. Best buy I have made, but there might be some trimming on the housing to fit the cooling fan the mounts to the bulb.
That light pattern is all over the place, it must be hell for oncoming traffic.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I can get you a pic of the light pattern tomorrow. They have a five year manufacturers warranty on them. I will definitely keep you posted on their performance.
Do you have an Amazon link? Interested to see why Prime subscribers get a discount vs non-Prime. I don't think Prime does anything for pricing, only shipping.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Nice, thanks! Cutoff pics will be awesome when you get a chance!

Just so you know for future reference, everyone pays the $149.99 price (not just Prime members). It's only shipping that Prime discounts.

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
Heat kill LEDs .. I'm afraid there is not enough ventilation in the regular headlight housing!

Nice tho... I will wait a year to see what are the problems the members are having with them before replacing my HID retrofit.

EDIT: No projector with your led setup? Garanteed the beam pattern will be fscked up!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts