Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for some knowledge about the LED footlights I have on my SE. (I don't have the ambient led option)

I want to add a few LED's to the existing LED footlight in each front footwell.
What I need to know is, can I safely just add a few LED's to the existing circuit so the lights will come on and dim as per stock? It seems the lights never go out completely, they are full on when opening the door and they just dim way down. Do I add more LED's in series or parallel? I am going to be using standard 12v car led strips. Any idea how many more light the stock circuit would support?
thanks
sp

·
Registered
239 Posts
I'm interested in this as well. I know a little tiny bit about basic electronics. I think you could probably tap into the same 12v circuit thats running the existing lights and as long as you have your resistance correct on the additional stuff, you'll be okay. I have to read up a little bit though.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am looking for some knowledge about the LED footlights I have on my SE. (I don't have the ambient led option)

I want to add a few LED's to the existing LED footlight in each front footwell.
What I need to know is, can I safely just add a few LED's to the existing circuit so the lights will come on and dim as per stock? It seems the lights never go out completely, they are full on when opening the door and they just dim way down. Do I add more LED's in series or parallel? I am going to be using standard 12v car led strips. Any idea how many more light the stock circuit would support?
thanks
sp
Check my post here:
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=263142

1 - 4 of 4 Posts