Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking to create new blinkers using just 2 leds albeit high output ones for each headlight housing and use the stock bulbs for the taillights.

i know when i do this there wont be enough of a load on the circuit and it will cause a fast blink.

i have heard about modifying the blinker module or replacing it all together.
but i cant find a part number for the stock unit or its location to even begin this project. and of the modules and load equilizers i have seen, they are built for replacing entire bulbs assemblies front and rear with multiple sets of leds and not just a total of 2. so im not even sure that they would work

has anyone attempted this before?[scratch]

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
You can just buy LEDs and put a resistor in between the bulb and the stock wiring. If you're talking about replacing the bulb socket/modifying it, it's number 8 in this photo:

Tousley Ford Parts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Doesn't look like the link will work. Just go to the Tousley Ford Parts website, search under Front lamps > Headlamp components > Socket > Signal Lamp Bulb

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
Or vleds.com all ur answers and questions there.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i know i need resistors to keep from destroying the leds

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
but i want to preserve the parking light and bulb local and i am going to try to make an eyebrow blinker that follows the top inside the housing. but even with the resistors i know the total circuit wattage will be too low to heat up and trip the breaker thus causing a fast blink/ bulb failure blink. i just wasnt sure if the load equilizers would work with this set up seeing how they are designed for bulb sets wich draw even more wattage than what mine will. but its worth a shot.

this is what i plan to do.

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
To what I understand you want to keep the rear filament bulbs and change both front to LED eyebrows and have the parking lights through the factory bulb. A load resistor will work for your setup. I believe you will need a 6 Ohm load resistor for only one set of led turn signal. Of course you will need individual resistors for each LED. That all depends on the LED itself.

I hope this helps you out.

**edit**

To run LED eyebrows for turn signals they would be some VERY bright leds cause of the fact the headlights would overpower the leds itself in lumen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts