Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi FF,

Another dumb question sorry.

I have the Thinkware F50 dashcam and I was wondering if I left it plugged in would it kill my car battery or does the car itself have automatic shut off to the cigarette lighter adapters?

Thank you in advance.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
IDK if it'd kill the battery, but yea you could light up your ciggy or joint thou......

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
Same like charging your phone w/ the car off......

·
Registered
80 Posts
Lol Recently bought my VANTRUE N2 pro and still trying to figure out the right fuse while using parking mode. Tapped into a constant power fuse and it does not turn on itself or turn off. If you use a hardwiring kit you are fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have the Thinkware F750 and the hardwire connector comes with both a battery and accessory wire. It turns itself off and I never unplug it. If yours is plugged into your cigarette lighter then it will turn off after ~15 minutes when the car automatically shuts the power off to that plug.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I have the Thinkware F750 and the hardwire connector comes with both a battery and accessory wire. It turns itself off and I never unplug it. If yours is plugged into your cigarette lighter then it will turn off after ~15 minutes when the car automatically shuts the power off to that plug.
Mine is an Aukey and setup that way. I was on vacation during the christmas break, the car sat there for 1 week. No problem at all starting.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Dashcam usual use near 200-500ma/h while working and kill your battery in 120 hours. But if outside temperature get lower, process will be faster. It's not recommended to leave it always on. You can plug it from ignition or fuel pump wire, to start when car is working.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome, that's exactly the answer I'm looking for, thanks!!! :)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My 2013 will turn off after 15 minutes both cigarette adapter.
I just tried with my USB cigarette lighter adapter that has a little blue LED light and I can confirm that the power does shut off (not sure if it's 15 minutes but when I park the car at work and then I come back to the car the blue LED light is definitely turned off).

Thank you everyone for your replies!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts