Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I understand there are more differences between the two trims than just the materials used. For instance I heard that the cloth seats fold down all the way but the leather seats don't. And aren't the leather seats electronically adjusted, but the not the cloth seats? What are some other differences?

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Can't fully answer, but this is false.
I can fully answer, and you are correct, that is false. If the question was pertaining to the rear seats, at least. The leather rear bench can be pulled up and if the headrests are removed from the seatbacks (you can just store them in the foot well, since you won't be using it anyway) you can then fold the seatbacks FLAT.

As far as the electronic seats... I believe that they're included with the premium packages on the cars, in which case the seats would be leather. Not sure if the Ti trim base Sport buckets have electronic contol, though.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
781 Posts
Ti base cloth seats are not powered. Ti package leather seats, driver's side is powered, passenger's side is not. There is also a difference in the shape and bolstering between the cloth and leather seats. Some people prefer one, some prefer the other.

I will say the dark leather seats get quite hot in the sun, I speak from experience.

Note you can not put seat covers on these seats as they all contain airbags (in the seats, yes) that may need to deploy in the event of an accident. so don't think about getting leather seats and putting a cloth cover on them.

Rear seats, cloth and leather, fold flat if you have the 60/40 split (depending on trim level, model and packages chosen).

Personally, I am not impressed with my electric driver's seat, it is very slow to operate. I'd much rather just have a quickly adjusting manual seat. You have to put the seat pretty much all the way forward if you are going to fold the rear seat flat, then back it up (it will not go all the way back with the rear seat flat). the passenger side can be done in 30 seconds, the driver's side will take a few minutes. if you infrequently drive with passengers in the rear, just leave the headrests out, then you don't have to worry about putting them in/taking them out often.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
The only other option being the back seat with the built in armrest? Does that not have a split?
The arm rest is only included with the leather. As far as I know all leather-equipped Foci have the 60/40 split.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Leather drivers seat is 6 way powered adjustable.
Leather package (in the titanium, not sure on all models) gives you a rear seat folding arm rest in the middle.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Ti base cloth seats are not powered. Ti package leather seats, driver's side is powered, passenger's side is not. There is also a difference in the shape and bolstering between the cloth and leather seats. Some people prefer one, some prefer the other.

I will say the dark leather seats get quite hot in the sun, I speak from experience.

Note you can not put seat covers on these seats as they all contain airbags (in the seats, yes) that may need to deploy in the event of an accident. so don't think about getting leather seats and putting a cloth cover on them.

Rear seats, cloth and leather, fold flat if you have the 60/40 split (depending on trim level, model and packages chosen).

Personally, I am not impressed with my electric driver's seat, it is very slow to operate. I'd much rather just have a quickly adjusting manual seat. You have to put the seat pretty much all the way forward if you are going to fold the rear seat flat, then back it up (it will not go all the way back with the rear seat flat). the passenger side can be done in 30 seconds, the driver's side will take a few minutes. if you infrequently drive with passengers in the rear, just leave the headrests out, then you don't have to worry about putting them in/taking them out often.
If that's true about the airbags then that's an idiotic place to put airbags. Where exactly on the seat do the airbags come from? I need to double check the manual on this one.

·
Registered
179 Posts
If that's true about the airbags then that's an idiotic place to put airbags. Where exactly on the seat do the airbags come from? I need to double check the manual on this one.
There is a "tag" on the side of the seats that says "airbag". My last 4 cars have all had seat mounted, front side airbags. This is nothing new in the automotive world. And just curious, why would anyone want to put seat covers on anyway?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Having had cars with both leather, cloth, vinyl and velour interiors, I have to say, I prefer cloth. Leather is hot in the summer, cold in the winter, and is another maintenence chore. They need to be cleaned and conditioned to keep them from drying out and cracking. I prefer the cloth for ease of maintenence and durability,

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I currently have leather covers on my cloth seats in my celica. It's easier to keep the seats clean that way. I wonder if one could cut the covers just right so as not to block the airbag.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Oops

·
Registered
110 Posts
If you get a glimpse of the red tuscany leather you'll easily go for it over cloth. :)
I've got the SE but with the leather package it feels like luxury. Gorgeous colors, fold down seats, back seats have cup holders (ESSENTIAL). Spills are almost guaranteed on road trips with people in the backseat without cupholders. The manual controls are fine, once you're adjusted you don't need to change it. The leather wrapped steering wheel is much more comfortable than the regular. Go leather, it's awesome.

Get the sunroof, and once you get moving the hot leather seats will cool off quick. Get the winter package and though the seats are cold the warmers will heat you up nice and quick hehe.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If you get a glimpse of the red tuscany leather you'll easily go for it over cloth. :)
I've got the SE but with the leather package it feels like luxury. Gorgeous colors, fold down seats, back seats have cup holders (ESSENTIAL). Spills are almost guaranteed on road trips with people in the backseat without cupholders. The manual controls are fine, once you're adjusted you don't need to change it. The leather wrapped steering wheel is much more comfortable than the regular. Go leather, it's awesome.

Get the sunroof, and once you get moving the hot leather seats will cool off quick. Get the winter package and though the seats are cold the warmers will heat you up nice and quick hehe.

This is pretty much what my debate is over, since I plan on getting the SE also, and my options are sport bucket cloth vs tuscany leather. Are you saying the tuscany leather package does not include the power driver seat adjustment? I thought all leather packages had the power driver seat adjustment, which I think would be unnecessary for me. Does the rear seat have cup holder/armrest and also 60/40 split fold-down seats? Do they fold flat? I'm very interested to hear from you again for some real confirmation.

·
Registered
968 Posts
This is pretty much what my debate is over, since I plan on getting the SE also, and my options are sport bucket cloth vs tuscany leather. Are you saying the tuscany leather package does not include the power driver seat adjustment? I thought all leather packages had the power driver seat adjustment, which I think would be unnecessary for me. Does the rear seat have cup holder/armrest and also 60/40 split fold-down seats? Do they fold flat? I'm very interested to hear from you again for some real confirmation.
The SE with Tuscany (like mine) does not have power seat adjusters, the rear seat does have fold down cupholders, the.rear seats do fold flat, any other questions?

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The SE with Tuscany (like mine) does not have power seat adjusters, the rear seat does have fold down cupholders, the.rear seats do fold flat, any other questions?

Posted via FF Mobile
No, now I just have a really hard decision! It turns out that I can't have the sonic blue with the tuscany red. At least Ford's site won't let me build it that way. So either I get the sterling grey with tuscany red, just like yours actually (It's one awesome combo but not my first choice), with the rear cup holder/arm rest, or I get my original color preference, sonic blue with white/black cloth (It actually does have a leather steering wheel cuz of the sport package) minus the rear CH/AR. [???:)][???:)] Decisions! Decisions! Easy to clean seats without sonic blue, or sonic blue and make my friends drink out of water bottles!?

·
Registered
968 Posts
Tuscany & Sterling FTW!

Posted via FF Mobile

1 - 20 of 26 Posts