Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best way to look after the leather seats in my car, having never had them before and wanting to keep this car as perfect as possible, i want to get them all good like ;)

What do you guys/girls recommend

Cheers

Chris

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
i recommend just using cleaner/conditioner everytime you clean the interior. personally, i use meguiar's.

Mike

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
There are a great number of leather conditioners/cleaners out there and I believe everyone has their favorite. Go with a name brand and as has already been said use it regularly. It will keep the leather not only clean but also keep it and the stitching from drying out, cracking and less likely to stain. If you don't already and you have a lot of hot sunny days, get one of those reflectors that you put in your windshield. The sun can be bad on cloth interiors for fading but it can be murder on leather.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
of how much is actually leather is debatable lol.. but like was said.. any name brand leather conditioner... that is all I do

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers, i shall do :)

·
Registered
325 Posts
I use Lexol-ph Leather Cleaner and then treat with a German product called Super VII Leather Balsam. I'm very satisfied with Super VII as it is essentially an emulsified beeswax product.
Normally beeswax would cake on the leather surface but this product absorbs completely into the leather and is does not leave a greasy of slippery surface. Obviously the advantages to a wax are waterproofness and no deformation of the leather due to streatching.
I purchased it at my local Auto Show but you might try a web search to locate.

Good luck

BTW the Super VII makes the leather look richer and of a higher quality. Super VII also absorbs into the plastic surfaces leaveing a nice, non-slick. luster.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts