Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have 5dr titanium 401A (titanium premium package) with sport susp and 18" wheels. the 401A package says "leather-trimmed seats with 6-way power driver's seat with manual lumbar". i do not have a lumbar lever on either side of the seat nor at the bottom...i cannot find it. the sport seats are very comfortable but if im supposed to have a manual adjustable lumbar support i'd like to have the option. can someone assist? thanks.

·
Registered
781 Posts
here's a picture of mine.. if you have it, you can't really miss it. it's on the inside of the driver's seat, the side closest to the passenger seat.

·
Registered
967 Posts
I was wondering about that too, so thanks. Hey is the passenger seat power too, or did ford cheap out?

Sent from my Telus Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate

·
Registered
781 Posts
only the driver's side is power. honestly, i'm not that impressed. it's damn slow to move on it's own power. i'd rather it was just manual, pull a lever, slide into position, it locks. 5 seconds and done. shifting the chair forward to flip and drop the seat behind it is a 2 minute affair with the power adjustment of having to move it forward, flip the seat, then move it back (and it won't go back as far).

·
Registered
232 Posts
i have 5dr titanium 401A (titanium premium package) with sport susp and 18" wheels. the 401A package says "leather-trimmed seats with 6-way power driver's seat with manual lumbar". i do not have a lumbar lever on either side of the seat nor at the bottom...i cannot find it. the sport seats are very comfortable but if im supposed to have a manual adjustable lumbar support i'd like to have the option. can someone assist? thanks.

I think that when you went for the 18inch wheels you got a sport package that includes different seats than a leather equipped titanium. The 401a package is the standard titanium seats and interior.

·
Registered
781 Posts
i have a titanium with the handling package (18" wheels) and the 401a premium package. the 401a package says it has the manual lumbar support, the handling package says nothing at all about the interior of the car.

faygo, yes, that's the rear husky liner, it covers the full back foot area including "over the hump."

·
Registered
35 Posts
I think that when you went for the 18inch wheels you got a sport package that includes different seats than a leather equipped titanium. The 401a package is the standard titanium seats and interior.
I have a titanium hatch with the handling package and my car has the lumbar support lever. The lever has nothing to do with the handling package.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
have an appt for Monday to discuss with Service Manager. i can feel the rotary dial behind the leather but there's no lever attached:

·
Registered
14 Posts
What did the dealer say about the missing lumbar lever? My September 2014, Titanium hatch, doesn't have it either. Dealer says "lumbar is not adjustable on you build".

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
What did the dealer say about the missing lumbar lever? My September 2014, Titanium hatch, doesn't have it either. Dealer says "lumbar is not adjustable on you build".
You can put your VIN into the ford etis website and it will tell you whether or not you're supposed to have it - and I bet you are.

https://www.etis.ford.com --> Vehicle --> Enter Vin --> Search --> Click the link in the bottom right that says "There are more minor features for this vehicle, click to expand this list."

If it says "With Drivers Manual Lumbar Support" in that list, you should have it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
We did the Etis and it shows "with manual lumbar support". After pointing this out, the service manager looked elsewhere and found "with lumbar support". He takes this to mean that there is non-adjustable support in the seat and will not take any action for fear of not getting warranty reimbursement. I PM'd the Ford support folks on this site, and they also see what is in Etis, but they also only found that the SE with a certain fleet option had adjustable lumbar support and the Titanium doesn't have it. We know that is not so, but that leaves me stuck.

·
Registered
368 Posts
.... but they also only found that the SE with a certain fleet option had adjustable lumbar support .....
That may be true for the SE. My 2103 SE hatchback had been a rental before I purchased it. According to ETIS, it came with a fleet option package as well as Option Package 201A. According to Ford, the 201A package in my car includes the "driver 6-way power driver with manual lumbar adjustment". Whether the adjustable lumbar support is part of the option package 201A or the fleet option package is the question.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Wow, Ford USA is messed up I'd say.
The top trim level Titanium simple lumbar seat feature option is not available, but is in the lower spec SE for fleet only. OMG!!
WhoTF is in charge over there?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Just to satisfy my own curiosity, I did an internet search for pictures of Focus Titanium interiors. For those pictures that clearly showed the right side of the driver's seat back, not a single picture contained the lever for the manual lumbar adjustment. That, plus the information provided by the Ford support staff to the OP, leads me to believe that the Titanium doesn't have the manual lumbar adjustment. Seems kind of strange to me that you can get it on an SE with certain options but not on a Titanium, but stranger things have occurred with option packages.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I also looked for photos, and I found that they did have the lever. Google Ford focus titanium lumbar and you find that dealers advertise, as does Ford.com, that the titanium has manual lumbar support. If you have a 2014 with the lever, send a PM to to Ford support folks on this board to support my case.

·
Registered
57 Posts
My 2012 Ti also has a power leather driver's seat with a manual lumbar lever.

**Edited to add that my car also has the 401a package.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just bought a Performance Blue Ti sedan with handling package and sunroof. It definitely has the lumbar lever on the driver's seat.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts