Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody!

I just wanted to know, what springs would be best for my KYB AGX's?

I would like something that's STIFF and I want something that does NOT lower the car. If it lowers the car, I want as minimal lowerage as possible.

Reason for this is: I have an RS front bumper and that thing hangs down LOW, I don't want to lower the car as it's already pretty low (cause it's an SVT) and I don't want to damage my front bumper; it is brand new.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
584 Posts
Basically, you're SOL. I looked into that for a while. The only options stiffer than what you have now are going to be .75 inch lower. There are a lot of those, though. If you're really set in stiff but not low, you'll have to lose the AGX for coilovers or a more exotic damper on your current springs.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
basically what u need is coil overs....keeping the ride height...while retaining stock ride hight

·
Registered
584 Posts
Most coilovers don't even go all the way up to stock height. You'll be closer with the SVT, but you'll have to spend the money and do the research.

·
what it be like
6,381 Posts
i dont think they are many that are stock height....but H&R RACE i think is a minimal drop with really high spring rates

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
i am pretty sure the H&R race springs have a pretty significant drop

·
Banned
1,671 Posts
the multimatic kit from Ford.....very stiff and I think it's about the same drop as the SVT suspension....so your ride height wouldn't change much

GOOD comparison pics between stock ,multimatic, and KW (which I have [:D] )

here!

·
Registered
584 Posts
Interesting pics. Seems pretty low for an SVT. The FRPP is a little less than 1.5" drop, so that'd around a half inch drop on the SVT. That might be the best compromise. If you want something seriously stiff, H&R race are advertised as 1.5" (.75 to you) drop. I haven't seen enough pics to say if that's true. My Steeda springs (and the few others I've seen) are relatively similar rates to FRPP multimatic, but settled a little past 1.5"

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so what i'm taking from all this is, the springs with the least drop will probably be the H&R Race springs?

(no money for coil overs)

·
Shiroi kabocha
1,974 Posts
he's rite I got H&R coilovers and droped about 2"...and I could go lower but...I'm good I think...
If you aren't tucking your wheels you aren't low enough. [hihi] [hihi]

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
polishlanman said:
I would like something that's STIFF and I want something that does NOT lower the car.
I know exactly what you're talking about.
Koni Sport Springs will fit the bill. [thumb]

IIRC, I got 1/2" drop at the back, and 3/8" at the front.
(Exact before/after measurements are at home)

By all means these aren't the stiffest springs out there,
but at the same time most "guesstimates" put them at 10-15% stiffer than the stock SVT stuff.
Unfortunately, I've never found actual numbers on these springs,
but my driving experiences don't dispute the 10-15% claims.

Here's a side shot, from the secret fOCUS cave. [;)]
(215/45/17 tires)

Attachments

·
Gal. 2:20
1,999 Posts
thats a 1/4" drop? no way. maybe it's the pic. but you look just as low as mine and I'm rollin the same tires 215/45/17's

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
^^^I have an SVT.
It already started out 3/4" lower than your car.

Though, it has been determined in the past that I may have one of the lower ones from the factory:

·
Gal. 2:20
1,999 Posts
yes I see that now and will go cry from the humiliation I brought upon my self

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
^^^LOL!

For comparison purposes, here's my car the day I brought it home:

Different side, but close to the same angle as my earlier post with the Koni springs.
As mentioned earlier, some have said mine is a bit lower than theirs (SVTF), and other have said theirs is the same.

polishlanman;
About where does your car sit?
Have you considered the Koni springs?

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Okay.

So the Koni Sport Springs lower less than H&R springs.

Hmmm, now we're getting closer. If only there was something that combined the near-stock height of Koni Sport Springs and the stiffness of the H&R Race Springs. Hmmm

WD40:
My car sits at stock height, or whatever the KYB AGX's and stock SVT springs give it.
I have considered any spring below a 1" drop. Yes I have considered Koni.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah, but i haven't been able to find it so i could see the cost, what it looks like, and other specs/info.

·
Banned
1,671 Posts
PM FORDSVTPARTS on Focaljet, he's just like Mike over there and can get it for you. Or PM Mike, b16sir1991 here he can probably get it for you too

1 - 20 of 30 Posts