Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I went to warm up my car this morning when I heard a noise I had not really heard before coming from underneath my car. Decided to take a look and saw something sputtering from the second muffler(hope this is right). It was sputtering from the front end of the muffler, and from the rear it was dripping liquid as well.

I drive a 05' ZX3 if it makes any difference.

This was where it was sputtering from, is this hole normal ? Lol.

And here is the rear which was leaking.

I assume this isn't normal ? What can I do about this ? What is the liquid coming out ? So many questions I have. Lol.

Thanks !

·
Registered
890 Posts
Second meaning closest to the back bumper? If so that is the resonator. I'm on Tapatalk so I can't see you're location right now. But was it chilly? I'm not sure but could the liquid be result of condensation and the car heating up? I'm dumb so I'll just throw that out there for others to respond.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not dumb at all. But no it isn't the resonator(I have a lunchbox delete), it's the muffler on the drivers side in front of the rear tire. & Yeah it was a little bit chilly, I'm in Vegas.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to General Tech Chat since it's not a performance upgrade question.

That's the weep hole for condensation, water drip is normal there until the exhaust warms up. Can do it more in colder weather.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Moved to General Tech Chat since it's not a performance upgrade question.

That's the weep hole for condensation, water drip is normal there until the exhaust warms up. Can do it more in colder weather.
Thanks for letting me know ! Makes sense now. I was just worried when I saw it happening for the first time. Lol. Learned something new.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts