Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys few probs with my car and wondered if any of you had any ideas. Car is the focus st170 or svt in the states

Clutch main cylinder has gone and there is leaking within the cabin under the clutch.

But also under the car behind the engine there is a very very small damp patch im gettingon the driveway of what appears to be clear liquid. Coolant level doesn't seem to be dropping. Could this be brake fluid due to master leaking.

Had slave done when i changed the clutch im lost as to what could be teh cause.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

·
what it be like
6,381 Posts
the leak is from the clutch master cynlinder...probally have fluid leaking down the clutch pedal to the carpet....and the leak...check your thermostat housing there is a small O-ring type plug thing that shoves up into the bottom of the housing....sometimes the rubber o ring goes bad and tends to leak a small bit...all your problems seem to be very minor and very COMMON with the SVT

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Well the clutch master is an unfortunately common problem but the leaking fluid, I would try and identify what is leaking and that would better help figure where it's from.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Finnally got my lazy ass out in the cold to see where this leak is coming from and ive tracked the little bugger down. The location of the leak is above the gear box in a module that a large diameter pipe runs into from the radiator. On the bottom of this module is only what i can describe as a round hmm somthing water is dripping from this dropping onto the front face of the gear box runnng under the gear box and dropping onto the floor.

What is this box that the large pipe runs into and is it a common problem!!!

Im worried!

·
MOAR BEWST!!!!
1,528 Posts
^^ what Ed said. The t stat housing is a very common sport for leaks because it cracks. either that or there is two places in the t stat housing that could leak because of the o-rings. the sending unit that is on top then there is a plug on the bottom. both of mine where leaking and i replaced the o rings. no more leak.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts