Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried searching, didnt fine out a lot. Is there a method to use to help me determine if its the line or the tank without removing the wheel and inner fender? The system works as it should when filled, but it does not stay in there long.

No wrecks or issues that would have caused it to crack- or freezing weather, so I'm hoping its a line or connection, but just where are those lines?

Last, if it is a crack, anyone had good luck with a particular sealer/epoxy?

Thanks, George in Tallahassee

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So this disappearing water in my washer tank on the 2012 focus is not a real common issue? was hoping I could get some guidance before I try to find out where its leaking.............

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Help on finding leak in windshield washer tank?

I tried searching, didnt fine out a lot. Is there a method to use to help me determine if its the line or the tank without removing the wheel and inner fender? The system works as it should when filled, but it does not stay in there long.

No wrecks or issues that would have caused it to crack- or freezing weather, so I'm hoping its a line or connection, but just where are those lines?

Last, if it is a crack, anyone had good luck with a particular sealer/epoxy?

Thanks, George in Tallahassee

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
All you need to do is jack the car and remove the panel under the engine. You'll have access to the washer fluid tank from there and lines.

No need to remove any wheel or liner.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
leaking washer reservoir 2012 Focus- Pearl/Ruby too!

Thanks! I should be able to handle that! Have you heard about this happening
a lot on this years Focus- thinking maybe there is a thread about whats the problem but didnt see one? GEORGE

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Thanks! I should be able to handle that! Have you heard about this happening
a lot on this years Focus- thinking maybe there is a thread about whats the problem but didnt see one? GEORGE
I've been a member here for 5 years and I've never heard of that problem...

Btw, only need to jack the front passenger side.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Not sure what your problem might be but it is not necessarily the tank itself. On another vehicle, I had leaks and it ended up being the o-rings where the washer fluid pump attaches to the tank.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts