Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have trolled the old posts looking for answers and most of them mention an o ring that needs to be replaced but mine is the 2.0 SE sedan version (2001). I have a radiator leak I can not pin point. About 2 times a week I have to top it off. The leak is coming from somewhere from the serpantine belt over to the left (in the picture) If you look on the floor to the right of the car you'll see the radiator fluid that leaked out. I have parked it, started it, got under it, etc and can not find the leak. Any clues?

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
if you dont have a hole in the hose, and all the of the clamps are doing thier jobs, id point the finger at your water pump. you can get a new one for $55 from Mike at Hilbish Ford 18008430233

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hoses are all okay as are clamps.

So I'll need to replace the water pump, the serpantine belt (as long as I am down there), belt tnsioner....anything else I need to do while I am down there?

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Maybe the T-stat housing...
mine have a fast leak during driving...
so... check that...

·
Registered
92 Posts
Before you yard off the pump, get a telescopic mirror and with the engine at operating temp look under the reservoir. The one hose in the picture looks really shiny like it has a wash on it. If the res. has a pin hole it may only leak under pressure.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
I say pinhole leak under pressure sounds good, though definitely don't rule out the others because, well, I'm still learning [:p] um, anyway, I circled the spots that looked wet to me (besides the obvious leak on the driveway, I had a bit too much fun with that :B)

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
ooh here's an idea (just make sure it's secure, use a lot of tape or something.......we don't want it to get caught in your belts or fans :O) take some paper towel, and tape it around the reservoir and run the car..... I'm hoping that way if it is a leak, it would show the exact spot on the paper towel..... again, you could try it on the hoses, but I'd really be careful because any little edge could be caught by the belt or fans, then you may end up with a bigger problem....

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^^^^^ The shiney belt and the shiney hose is from me putting more fluid into the resivoir, it spilled over a bit.

I'm tired of looking for it....I'll take it into the shop next Friday when I get paid[:(!]

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
^^^^^ The shiney belt and the shiney hose is from me putting more fluid into the resivoir, it spilled over a bit.

I'm tired of looking for it....I'll take it into the shop next Friday when I get paid[:(!]
You could've brought it by here sometime, and I could look at it. I should be getting home around 5:30 pm this week.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts