Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi people im having sum problems with my mark 1 focus :(, there is a leak in passanger footwell and drivers as well not so bad tho, its defo rain water and iv changed cowl panel at bottom of windscreen,pollen filter and also took the metal thing that hold polen filter on and sealed around that, but still shit loads of water getting it it seems to be dripping right up in the corner of the footwell NOT out of the heater vents :S people have mentioned about bulkhead of the heater pipes i cant find any info on this can anyone help me [dunno]

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Well from what I had gathered in his thread, he narrowed it to where the heater core comes into the car. The tubes basically run through a big grommet that is low on the firewall. If the grommet is distorted from heat, age, abuse I can see it leaking.

The only other places I can think of would not be on the firewall, but on the front floor pan itself. There is a couple body grommets that is could be, but they are under the carpet and sound insulation. You can see them from below, about straight down from the front of the back seat.
If it's really deep water or a lot of water (talking like 3 inches of rain and hard) maybe (big maybe) it's coming in around the factory side skirts. There is a few holes there to let water out. But I've never seen it come in from there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts