Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HI

Back again. Have a new problem with my 2010 focus SES 4 door 2.0L automatic 134,000 miles.

Just had it at the local dealer for inspection. they told me everything is great. no problems at all. Just needed a little windshield wiper fluid added.

But....

The motor sounds like a lawnmower. I thought it was a interior rattle at first and checked the whole thing until I realized what I was hearing was the engine noise coming through the vent on the dashboard. It sounds exactly like a 2 stroke lawnmower engine.

the car runs fine. does not burn oil or leak oil. transmission fluid is fine. the entire exhaust system was replaced by the local Ford dealer 3 years ago. from the engine back. $1000. the car does not lack power , it even gets over 30 MPG. but it sounds awful. When I open the hood I hear some lifter tick.... I am worried something in the engine is going.

any ideas??

thank you!

Proud owner of a 2010 FrankenFocus completely rebuilt car

·
So mote be it
8,890 Posts
sounds like an exhaust leak somewhere..could check the studs on the manifold or where it joins the rest of the exhaust. Can you hear the lawnmower noise from outside the car at all? The manifold and exhaust would join pretty much right under your dash in the center of the car, is that where you hear it?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts