Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
I always seem to get better launches with the traction control off. (Light on) Run about 2500-2600 RPMs. I still try both ways though. I always seem to get a bogging sort of feeling with the traction control on......

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Can't really Launch 2 good in an SVT your better off getting to about 4 or 5k (with the tc off) and letting off quickly but smoothly your tires shouldn't burn and u should pull pretty quick (this is how i get my best launches)

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Traction control is not fully disable by the computer and will continue to be on till 20 MPH, thats with push button off.

Traction Control can only be fully disable by pulling the fuse F12 in the main fuse box and F46 in the car. When the fuse is pulled the Traction control and ABS dash lights will be on.

Sorry, but the SVTF has a very tall first gear, and low end torque. Bad launch is unavoidable in most circumstances, even with the fuse pulled, push button off and TC on.

I've tried a launch with the TC on, Fuse pulled, and push button off. My reaction has always been the same and my 60 ft times vary but not by much with all of them.

Maybe its the tracks here, maybe its my stock conti, but my best and most consistent times have been with the TC on.

Click here to view more information about the TC

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Maybe me hitting the button just makes me feel better about it and get a better launch cause i think i will?? =)

·
Registered
24 Posts
i'm sorry did you say there are two fuses for the traction control?!? must you pull them both to get rid of it? i wanted to set up a switch to plug into the fuse panel in the car for convenience.. i hadn't really looked into it yet. what are people doing about it..i don't wish to steal the thread i just was wondering if anyone was thinking like i was about installing a switch of their own..

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
You do not have to pull both fuses to disable the traction control, just one or the other. Please keep in mind, not only do you fully disable your traction control, but you will disable your ABS also.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Hmm SVTed ill make a thread for your Idea so we don't steal this one

Launching is definatly best down at around 5k rpm's then letting off the cluth rather quickly (not dropping) i tested it today

1 - 9 of 9 Posts