Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone... ive been trying for quite some time to get my 60ft times better with my launching... but to no avail still in the 2.4 60FT times [?|]

Ive tried launching the focus at 3000 RPM, 2500, 2200, and even 2000.... slipping the clutch each time and sometimes even dumping it.... to no avail the car boggs and tires scream and cant seem to keep my rpms up to gain more speed... *im also using stock tires*

does anybody have any suggestions, am i doing this wrong... my prior car was a automatic... so i might need practice... but i have had this focus since May of 2003... [???:)]

help please.... [confused]

*david*

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
well man there is no real quick fix ideas to tell you so your times are better.. practice practice practice ( as aggrivating as that is )

·
Registered
697 Posts
dump the clutch at 1700. never fails for me

·
Registered
845 Posts
I get too much wheel spin from "dumping the clutch". I ease off the clutch and change how many rpms to shift at depending on how far I'm racing and who I'm racing. On a short stretch of road, I can do pretty well shifting around 3500rpm...that hangs with most people, but to stomp them, I shift around 5200rpm (most stock cars don't hang with that...neither do "fart can" owners).

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes dumping the clutch means letting go completely.... just make sure that ur gassing it or your car will stall out.... i wouldnt recomend dumping the clutch over 2200 RPSm.... the wheels sping tooo too much....

thanks for the advice guys... ill keep my practice up for launching

~david~

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
with bolt ons (tb with help your launch) i would always launch from about 1800 with just a chirp and then take off... ps, this was always on stock psi on my stock good years...launching with cams and other crap is a whole different story

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
tires will help a 60 ft time for sure. deflate your tires a little bit if u want, some people believe it helps. i never dump the clutch, just practice and u will get the feel for it.

·
Registered
697 Posts
dump or lauch from 1700-1900 and your good. give a quick little CHRIP and off you go then 2nd gear CHIRP and then 3rd gear CHIRP.....i was amazed when i my car chirped in 3rd, dont happen often though.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
also what is the temp. i went to the track in the summer and i launched at 3k
come this fall i launched at 3 and just kepts spinning and hitting rev limiter so i just slammed it into 2nd.
i dont know how i launch my car so go i just do. i am a focus molester what can i say i don't cut my car any slack EVAR! if i gotta win i gotta be tough. so does my car. just mess around at the stop signs thats kinda how i did it. with your car bogging down and then going i think thats from not giving it enough gas when you blend the clutch. i did that a few times when i was a newb racer. when i was a newb with my car. you'll get it in time young jedi knight.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
My best 60ft is a 2.3. I don't think anyone can teach anyone how to launch the person driving just has to feel it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
i dump the clutch at 3500 then let it spin a bit then floor it as it stop to spin and hit 2.2s 60' times

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ok so I live in California and my car launches perfectly at 3500-4000 I mean you obviously spin a little bit but im at 60 before you know it. So launching at 1700 is just going to give you lag. So tell me how you're doing this because i don't think that this is possible

·
Registered
68 Posts
i wanna know how someone is lauching at 1700 to. i think it would just fall on its face

1 - 20 of 20 Posts