Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ... I went to the track with some fellow local Foci in the area. Made it our meet at the track.

Anywho, the issue we had was when we left the tree ... we kept spinning the tires before the caught grip and left.

We featherered it one time, still spinning.
We got on it easy another time, still spun.

The question I have is what would be a better way to launch when you are on a slippery track?

a couple of us did get a 0.5 - 0.7 reaction times. And a couple of us hit 10.2 - 10.7 in the 1/8 mile track.

So slippery track ... what kind of tips for better launches.

Thanks,
-Ray-

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We did after the first few runs ... did catch a bit better, but not much.

Since the 1/4 strip isn't my thing ... I was like a newbie ... I am more of a left and right turn kind of person.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
unless u are running dr or slicks, you don't want to lower ur air pressure. it won't help u any. are u slipping the clutch or r u just dropping it?? you need to slip from about 4k and hold the hand break w/ a little bit engaged. when you let a little off so you don't move, its the same concept as a transbrake. just let it go when you get the green light.

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lets see ... My PSI was at 25 (on Kumho Tires) ... New ... not a good idea.

Um ... parts ... well, I have the ORP, SCT Tune, SRI, Pulley, STS, ORP, Dogbone ... I believe that is all the mods I have that help with drivibility. I achieved that 10.2 with spinning the tires and a RT of 1.3 ... so I know I could do alot better.

I will try to slip the clutch more. I did the first time, but then dropped it the next few times ... better RT not so good final turn out.

-Ray-

·
Scuba Edition
1,694 Posts
R/T means absolutely nothing when your racing against yourself.

What were you 60' times?

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
yeah your rt just determines who gets started first. if you have a fast time and a slow r/t, the other person might beat you with a little slower time.

and you can lower pressure on street tires. when i raced i lowered mine from 35 down to 25 in the front and it helped. dont go lower than that on street tires. with drag radials you can go aorund 18 and slicks down to around 10.. keep the back tires pumped up to aorund 40psi.

what mlbbaseball said is correct. from what ive heard it helps alot. but yeah what were your 60' times?

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well ... we are not going to that track anymore ... we will hit another track to see. This track we went to had all the Front wheel drive cars spinning like crazy.

Anyways, no excuses ... I don't do alot of straight racing and this was my first time at the track with the car. And it wasn't a 1/4 mile either.

My 60' best was 2.4528 ... I know I can do better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts