Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, so I have been telling you guys I had another deal in the works with Mike at Hilbish, and here we are. There is still a possible new 65mm throttle body for 65 bucks in the works, but it may not happen. For now, though, here are two deals!

1. Anyways, Mike's shop can now get us the Ford Racing suspension kit including the new struts and springs. These are complete, meaning that they come with everything new, strut mounts, strut bearings, spring perches, boots bumpstops, and hardware. They lower more than the SVT kit does...down 1.5 inches instead of just .5!

The kit usually goes for about $575 plus, but, as usual, Mike can get them for us all cheaper, for every year, including 08s, for only $360! Can you beat that anywhere? FRPP OEM equipment, 1.5-inch drop, and only $360? Mike will assemble them for us before shipping. He will seat the springs to the struts for us, for free! This goes along with the Borla stuff we talked about in the past, and the current dogbone mounts.

So, the whole thing will arrive put together. You take out the old assembly, bolt in the new, align, and you are on your way. This saves you the step of compressing the springs to the struts, which is the worst part of doing them. What do you guys think? I am sure that you know the focus is an auto-x car at heart, so I would guess you are as excited about this option as I am!

2. Now, here is the second part! This can be done separately, if you are not wanting to do your complete suspension. We all know how much the sway bars help the Focus. Lots of us upgrade them, or just want to get one in the first place, front and/or rear! Well, here's the sweet solution. Mike has on clearance now (remember the Borla systems he had?)FRPP's Eibach way bar kits! They used to sell for as much as $400, but we can get them now for just $269!!!

Keep in mind, these are on clearance....meaning once they are gone, that's it. All done. They have, I think, 10 left. If you are not familiar, they come with a 22mm front bar, and 25mm rear, with mounts and poly bushings. If you want the urethane endlinks too, mike can get those to us for 11.23.

So, all in all, we are talking about doing the entire suspension for under 650. And, you don't even have to do that, obviously. You may just want to drop it 1.5 with high-quality parts, for just 360! Either option will be huge for our cars, these are just sweet deals you get to be a part of just b/c your are a member of this site! I have been going back and forth with Mike on this for a while, hoping it would happen, and take off...especially with the clearance stuff! You also get to deal with Mike directly, so you get any extra stuff he wants to do for you individually, his assembling bonuses, and his knowledge/help. Most of you all already know, but his help can be invaluable. Just let him know I told you about it you call to order! His number is 800-849-0233. Ask for Mike in parts.

Until the next deal/steal...

-Nem

·
Registered
941 Posts
this is awesome, im so tempted to buy the drop right now. i wish i had the cash, oh wait, there is always the plastic

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
i got the FRPP 1.5inch suspension for my car about 2years ago for about $350...... from mike...

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Youre right, it IS awesome. It's something we were sitting on for a while now. finally went thru, and here it is. 1.5 inches, and the hard stuff is done for you! all you do is unbolt the old, and bolt in the new. mike will walk you thru it all, and you cannot beat the price as well...i mean most coiovers are at LEAST 900 bucks, and they dont come together!

dont forget the sway kit too! clearance! they had 19 last week, and mike sold 8 already!

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i got the FRPP 1.5inch suspension for my car about 2years ago for about $350...... from mike...
yeah, and do you love it? did he send it to you pre-assembled too?

·
Resident Curmudgeon
4,360 Posts
Should'nt Mike be making this post in the Affiliate section?

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
Sounds like a good deal, I want those sway bars but I'm a bit broke now.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
I have this kit (minus the swaybars) on my car right now. I got mine for around this price but it didn't come with any of the extras and i had to assemble it myself. therefore this is a GREAT deal.

Keep in mind, however, that this is a RACE suspension and rides very stiff, it is nothing like a "soft" Eibach kit.

It is also not super low, but remember that "dumped" doesn't always mean "best handling." This is setup to position the geometry perfectly and is valved specifically for the weight balance of the ZX3, however it works great on all the other models as well!

I LOVE mine, and you guys will too [thumb]

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
all you do is unbolt the old, and bolt in the new.
You still have to install the rear springs, those wont be already mounted on anything. The shocks and springs are separate on the rear suspension.

This IS a great deal though. Wish it was around when I got my suspension.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Is there an end date on this price? I absolutely *have* to get tires this month, but I'm getting a raise at work, and with the holiday overtime, I know I can afford that "soon"

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, what everyone said is true, its gonna be very stiff. mike would post it himself, and may still, but hes just been busy (as usual). hes had these available for a little while now, and has just mentioned them in passing to people when talking about other parts/orders. just recently talked to me about his being able to assemble them for us.

the rear part is true too, but what i recall is that its much easier to do the rears. i am sure mike will chime in here tomorrow, for more clarification, and to explain anything I might have screwed up lol.

as far as an end date on the price, i think just until they are sold out. the big one is the sway bar kit, since it is selling out, and not too many left.

the idea behind these threads is to help get the info on these great deals out to everyone, before they are sold out. i know i would want to know.

·
Head Hurt
2,377 Posts
Hee hee, may sway bar set from Mike should arrive this week. Yep, they're on sale until they're sold out. And I didn't read this thread real close but Mike told me that it's the Ford Racing sway bar kit, which is actually Eibach's with Ford's name on it.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
right, that is what i said....its the FRPP kit, by Eibach. FR does that a lot, like with the borla. they license their name to high-end companies, and have them do it.

brad, glad you have it coming!! its a sick deal, isn't it?

you already have the coilover setup, with the drop, so the swaybar kit would make more sense. i dont think the 08 has a stock rear right? this is what i mean, guys...you could do either option.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
Help me here guys....Isn't this all old news. Mike has had all this posted since last "July" in the Hillbish Ford Vendor Forum. Am I missing something?

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
See, thats the whole point though. Its apparent that lots of people do not have a clue about this. Not everyone jumps into the Hilbish forum to check on this stuff, unless they are searching for it already. So, they would miss out otherwise. Like when they had the Degas covers for 7 bucks. I missed that completely, til i figured out I wanted one. Now they are 25 bucks. So, I am trying to bring helpful info to people, so they do not miss out....don't you guys get that? I don't get anything out of promoting the stuff...I just figure you guys would appreciate it...

The quantities are limited, so I figured people would appreciate some advanced notice, so they have a shot at getting in on a deal......Someone may not have any plans at the moment to get this, or may have plans, but never thought of asking, or didn't know to ask Mike....and then they see this, and they are like, 'wow! I want to get in on that b4 its too late!'

·
Head Hurt
2,377 Posts
Yep looking very forward to receiving them. Hopefully just in time for this weekends "work party" so I have all that experienced help around to install them, particularly the front!!!

I wasn't aware of this deal until I happened to email Mike a couple of weeks ago after an Auto-X event. Some pics taken there showed me I still had some body roll to deal with.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts