Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For my 17th birthday on May 25th I detailed my car as a birthday gift to myself. You can see it here:

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=86471

Well today I bit the bullet and got myself a late birthday present. So what exactly could I do to top slaving 9+ hours in the sun? I bought a Vortech Supercharger. I bought a non-intercooled kit originally off a ZX3, however all I have to do is make a new pipe to the throttle body, a new crank pulley (currently have underdrive pulleys), methanol injection to cool the intake temps, and a dyno tune. Of course all the little stuff too, like a boost gauge and wideband.

All said and done I'm looking for about 260fwhp. It will be fun. [}:)]

·
Registered
427 Posts
Nice your car is gonna move. Are you going to take the nitrous off? I got my jrsc and bbk sitting downstairs waiting to go on

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pinacup7 said:
Nice your car is gonna move. Are you going to take the nitrous off? I got my jrsc and bbk sitting downstairs waiting to go on
Yes, nitrous is coming off and is for sale currently. Good luck with the JRSC.

1turbofocus said:
I dont know that i would try for 260HP on a non intercooled kit

Tom
I'm bad at explaining things online. I will be adding in a FMIC to the kit, as well as water/meth injection.

However, I do have a question for you Tom. Is it necessary to vent the BOV back into the intake? Vortechs are draw-through.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just ordered my AEM Eugo Wideband. Ordering a 3 pillar gauge pod as I type.

I have compiled the parts for the new SC->Throttle Body pipe. I am going to convert to a blow through setup (MAF in between the sc and tb) and have a Greddy Blowoff empty into the atmosphere. I will be looking for 15psi daily when I'm all said and done.

·
Banned
9,238 Posts
Where do you work? [confused] I wish I was making that kind of money at 17.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thefrush said:
Where do you work? [confused] I wish I was making that kind of money at 17.
I umpire youth baseball and softball games...5th year now.

I was going to order a MAF.ia tonight, but I forgot my car payment was due today so it knocked me on my ass. [:(]

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
well first off i would deff. even tho its a svt and it already has forged internals, i would drop thast compression down esp. for a daily driver your going to have nothing but fits with 15 psi daily on 10.2:1 compression. be more realistic and shoot for maybe 220 at the wheels!

·
Banned
9,238 Posts
2.0TooSlow said:
I umpire youth baseball and softball games...5th year now.
Jeez, I didn't know that was such a well-paying job. I shoulda stuck with my Little league roots.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thefrush said:
Jeez, I didn't know that was such a well-paying job. I shoulda stuck with my Little league roots.
It don't pay well outside of tournaments. At fastpitch softball tournaments theres money to be made. I can't wait for the Fastpitch World Series at the end of this year. [:)]

·
Registered
571 Posts
higher compression just means you have to use lower levels of boost from what i understand. i dont think he has to lower his compression, just the boost levels

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Higher compression means it will be quicker to detonate than a lower compression engine on the same boost levels.

What methanol injection does is massively cools down the intake charge while helping your octane a bit. This combined with a FMIC and a dyno tune should make it very safe.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
As of right now I have:

3 gauge a pillar
AEM Eugo wideband
Autometer Sport Comp Oil Pressure Gauge
Autometer Sport Comp Boost Gauge
Diablo MAF.ia
42lb Injectors (upgrading to 60s when I up the boost)

All I'm waiting on now:
FMIC with inlet/outlet on same side
Order mandrel bends to make charge pipe
Baseline tune (to limp to the dyno to tune there)

She's almost done! Once I pay off the Vortech I will be installing it, then I will install the FMIC and meth injection later on.

·
Registered
354 Posts
your car is gonna rocket...have fun wit it!

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
All I'm waiting for now is a battery relocation kit and to pay off the small balance on the Vortech before it ships.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bump for this.

I have everything ready to go, awaiting installing. The Vortech kit itself gets paid off Friday, so it should be in my posession on Tuesday or so. Assuming I'm not working, it will be going on next weekend.

I'm so f'in thrilled right now. Last September when I bought the car at barely 16 years old I'd never have imagined it would have a custom Vortech setup on it less than a year later.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bump for the kit arriving Thursday.

Vortech Non-intercooled kit
2.62 Pulley
5.7" Overdrive Crank Pulley
Diablosport MAF.ia
36 and 42# injectors
Custom Charge Piping
Converted to Blowthrough