Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought all rear seats in the Hatchbacks could flip up so that the upper portion could fold flat. My rear seats (the part you sit on) dont seem to want to flip up, unless I'm being an idiot and doing it wrong.

·
Registered
524 Posts
The ability for your seats to fold flat depend on which model focus you have. All the seats that have the 60/40 split in them can fold down flat. The trick to getting the bottom seat to release is just to pull up with enough force to pop it loose from both sides in the back. They just snap in and out.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Look at the bottom cushion of your back seat, the part that you sit on. Look along the front edge of it where it meets the carpet. You shold see a series of black hinges the extended down from the seat and are bolted through the carpet into the floorpan. If those hinges are there, your seats will flip foward thus allowing your seat backs to fold flat.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the help, I feel dumb now. Coming from a 2005 Escape, I was looking for a little pull strap in front, instead, you need to actually grab the area between where the back meets the cushion and pull up. Worked perfectly :)

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
I had tried pulling my seat cushion up previously, and it did not move.
Well to day i tried again and success!! the seat cushion flips up 60%/40%! so i can flip up the same bottom size as the upper seat.
Cool!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts