Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nutshell version. Helped move my girlfriend in at western yesterday and spent the night. Didnt have to drive a truck so I drove the Poor ol beat up focus. Going to dragons tail in a few hours if anybody is in the neighborhood. I know its last minute but if anybody is game ill be around.

Posted via FF Mobile

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Saw a silver svt up there. Dunno who it was. Anyhoo I whooped the dragon pretty good I think. First round was just getting a feel for the road and the second round I pushed it to what I consider my normal driving speed for roads im pretty familiar with and only pushed it hard enough to eek a tire on the white line a handfull of times. well except for a few times... lol That was hard enough for me for my first time on the dragon in the focus. Saw a few miatas wreck so it made my day. [hihi]
Posted via FF Mobile

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
we have got to get a meet together and throw down at the dragon. i cant tell you how much fun it was in words. i have loads of fun drag racing but i think i might have liked this better. it just took it so well on suspension that isnt really anything special. 18x7.5 wheels and tires SVT springs, koni shocks, engergy poly bushings everywhere. thats all! and it was good enough to make a miata spin out from trying too hard to keep up. omg it was so much fun, i cannot wait to go back! i need to get the SVTF back together with the JRSC ASAP. because from the little bit i drove it before the head gasket went im fairly certain it will handle loads better than the zx3 i drove today...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Seriously..... we NEED a big meet at The Dragon. Or up on the parkway near NC151 (the Devils Drop), near Asheville (lots more curvy roads, WAY fewer cops).

One thing I HATE about Deal's Gap.... go fast, you are very likely to get a ticket. You don't have that problem on the roads off the parkway closer to where I live. And the 276-to-151 run is an absolute BLAST! WAY more fun than Deal's Gap... and the scenery is better, too.

Either way... I'm game.

- Tum

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh i saw plenty of them up there this time. the cops are definitely pretty bad up there but it also may have been partly due to the huge miata meet they had that day. the cops knew there was going to be more traffic than normal and well if there is going to be a meet with LOTS of miatas at a really curvy road then its a pretty good guess that they arent there to drive miss daisy up and down the road.

·
Registered
268 Posts
When are you guys thinking about going there? I have been wanting to for years. But, I would like get my brakes done first. LMK, thanks.

·
Country Static
1,833 Posts
Damn I'm really wanting to go up there the more I hear about it. Im up for a meet up there anytime. How bout sometime in September, a great time of year for pics also

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I like september. I started a new thread ''focus on the dragon'' that is where all meet related details will be. I would just let this thread die.
Posted via FF Mobile

1 - 10 of 10 Posts