Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Stock
5,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, im pretty sure everyone knows here now that I have the worst luck or am the dumbest guy trying to turbocharge his vehicle on here. Ive had nothing but bad luck since i started and this is the final last push to fix my problem or everything is coming off for a later time (need my car for the winter).

Quick refresher.

1. 1st turbo was bad, oil leaked like crazy
Solution: Got a new one

2. Still leaking oil into intake housing.
Solutions: Larger Drainline (5/8)
Larger drain fittings (5/8)
.063 oil feed line restrictor
Sent back and found small leak, was repaired and returned

Now either I still have a bad drain line setup(will update this post tomorrow). Or maybe I didnt vent something correctly. All I did for my valve cover was put a small filter cone on it. Is there something I missed for venting? Is there like a 1way valve on the cover that I didnt remove. My guess is that im dumb and missed something.

This is all NO boost fyi so this is all under vacuum. Haven't gotten it tuned for it. I did a 15mile test drive tonight after installing the restrictor and its still leaking. Oil is on the outside of the intake housing and inside of it. Please, if you have any reasonable idea, post. I would really like to get this fixed instead of pulling everything off till spring or summer.

-Jeff[confused]

[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]*Pictures[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]*

Wire is there to make sure that the line doesnt brush up against the dp.

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
Bad luck.....talk to me when you are on your third turbo....

Other then that I really have no help for you but I am interested in whats going on. Would like to see all your pics when you post them.

·
Stock
5,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Found camera, pics in a few minutes.

EDIT

Pics posted.

·
Fins Up!
4,843 Posts
oil on the outside of your compressor housing??? i can really see any oil on the compressor in the pics. is there oil in your charge piping?

but putting a little filter on the valve cover is fine, either way that wont affect turbo oiling. it is hard to suggest any thing with out seeing something in person but the only thing that it sounds like it could be is turbo seals...

5/8 line is about the same as a -10an line so that should be good for return. oil feed looks perfect as well.

·
Registered
672 Posts
looks like you have oil coming out of the PVC case. You might want to look into removing it and replacing it with Crankcase Block Plate from Jayracing>

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
But don't block off your crankcase completly that will either need to run to a catch can or just run a line to the bottom of the car like we do witht he PCV from the valve cover. THats what I currently have done and never have oil issues.

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
Double Post

·
Stock
5,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh i had cleaned the oil off in those pictures sorry. Yeah i need to vent my pcv yet but I hadnt been close too having boost yet so I hadnt bothered. I dunno, Tom told me that he thinks i should drive it for a bit more and see if there is still oil. After driving for the 15 miles with the restrictor, there was a fine film of oil in there, I drove it to work and am goign to check it in the morning b/c my car is dripping water like crazy (weee snow). Maybe it is fixed and just oil is still in there.

Oh and that isnt oil on the dp, its when I had sprayed Carb cleaner and it leaked onto the paint and made it run.

What all do I need to do to vent the pcv again? I hope i wont need to remove my mani AGAIN. For some reason i keep forgetting to do it when the mani is off...

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
You are 100% installed correctly I have no ideas.

Leave the PCV in place it works just fine, the only thing the block of plate does is allows you to dump the oil somewhere else. Just run a longer line over the tranny and let it dump off the back.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
If your still getting oil insie the turbo housing (where it shouldnt be) then I'd guess bad seals.... now depending on the brand of turbo I know some of them will have a tiny amount in the housing (film) but not enough to amount to anything.

Your inlet and outlet look fine.

·
Stock
5,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Its comp turbo. And it is also brand new even though i had to send it back to get repaired. Well I guess im just going to be running it. Thanks for the conformations on the oil stuff though. Makes me feel better about it.

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
Some turbo leave a film? That just seems like future problems awaiting.

If thats the case with Comp I would take my money elsewhere.

·
Stock
5,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Its under warranty so im going to keep it for a while lol. What is in there might just be residue.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
In alot of turbos the shaft and bearings dont really touch when at speed, the shaft rides on a thin film of oil. Under high boost the oil from the film can get pushed past the seals.... but I'm sure it could happen in general... after all it is man made.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts